Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two parks hunted with surprising finds.

Went to a rec area 5 miles from home to check out tot lots but didn't find much so I moved to the grass areas. Two finds that were unexpected are the brass buckle and plate shown below. Will be doing an overlay of 1915 map of this area to Google earth to see if farm house matches up with location of items; both were found within 8 feet of one another.

Got out late today to do a short hunt at County Home Park. This area has lots of trash in the ground; seems like everywhere about the main building was a good place to discard metal. Didn't find much until I started working a line of old bushes. There I came upon evidence of someone's recent excavations. Got a signal over one of the holes and re-dug it to find a large rusted washer, just left in the hole. Another hole within 5 feet of that one had the bottle cap sitting atop the plug. I did find three coins near these bushes, a modern penny and dime and a '44 wheat. Moving over to the last bush I dug a high-tone signal and saw the ring at the edge of the hole. It looked very much like a gold class ring; once out of the hole, inspection showed it to be an inexpensive piece...1/20th 10K G.F. Still fun to find. HH and thanks for checking out my pics.

brass plate.jpg buckle.jpg cnc_gfring.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions