My first gold

Twig57

Oct 22, 2014
My wife and I went out to a relatively new park complex today that we have found mostly clad and junk jewelry at but the area was farm /residential back in the day. I got a fairly faint signal and the numbers didn't look too promising but for some reason i dug it. At about 6" I pulled out the piece on the left. Ok cool its a little jewelry of unknown metal. I checked the hole again and the number was different and a little better. Next comes out the silver cross. Well thats better. One more check and there's still something there, maybe the chain ? When I saw the gold color I was confused. Way too shiny and clean for as deep as it was and compared to the others. Very surprised and pleased ! Sorry for the long story. Thanks for looking ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462823.137992.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462837.279261.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462853.714141.jpg

Upvote 21

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy:Big congrats on your gold!:notworthy: Lovely finds for your day!:occasion16::wav::occasion16:

My first gold ring was hiding among bottle caps & nails. Second gold ring hiding under a corroded junk spoon near big iron - there was actually a thin skin of iron clinging to the entire heavy gold ring - the iron popped off easily to reveal nice custom-made ring. I now deliberately detect at least part of the time in the junkiest areas that others avoid. But my third gold is a long time getting here, lol. :laughing7: :cat: Andi

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS SOME HEAVENLY FINDS FOR SURE. DANG LIKE THE CROSS AND THE PENDANTS ALSO.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You will always remember your first gold. Mine was a toe ring. It was exciting for sure! Congrats!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
That was in no way a long story! That first gold is the most precious. You have officially crossed the threshold from "simple hobbyist" to "psychotic addict". I am very sorry to have to break this news to you, but there is no turning back. Your mind from here on out will be consumed with one question..... where next? Welcome to our world! Don't fret, misery loves company and your can rest assured that there are plenty of the same type of suffering addicts to share in your misery here.
Seriously, congratulations on your first gold!
TFS and HH

ps.....sorry for the short reply to your long story:tongue3:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting