My first gold

Twig57

Oct 22, 2014
My wife and I went out to a relatively new park complex today that we have found mostly clad and junk jewelry at but the area was farm /residential back in the day. I got a fairly faint signal and the numbers didn't look too promising but for some reason i dug it. At about 6" I pulled out the piece on the left. Ok cool its a little jewelry of unknown metal. I checked the hole again and the number was different and a little better. Next comes out the silver cross. Well thats better. One more check and there's still something there, maybe the chain ? When I saw the gold color I was confused. Way too shiny and clean for as deep as it was and compared to the others. Very surprised and pleased ! Sorry for the long story. Thanks for looking ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462823.137992.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462837.279261.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462853.714141.jpg

Upvote 21
OP
OP
Twig57

Twig57

Oct 22, 2014
Tks. 14k and the cross .925. The other has no markings

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an awesome feeling to see that gold in the dirt isn't it? Congrats

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice gold and silver score! That's always a big clue when it comes out of the ground bright, shinny yellow! Congrats!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Given that it was once residential/farm, could it have been a stash or cache? Same whole, all three religious icons, no chain..................?????

OP
OP
Twig57

Twig57

Oct 22, 2014
Yes or they were on a necklace and when it broke the chain stayed with the owner and the pieces dropped. They were all at the same depth and inches apart. I looked everywere for that chain.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your golden ticket! Great hunt!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the club man and congrats!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A sweet find like that stokes the fire. Congrats on the gold!!! :occasion14: I bet the chain is somewhere close by.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your area has a lot of migrant workers they buy Gold as an investment as some can't open bank accounts.They will even put Gold chains and necklaces and rings on the kids so you can find gold even in the Tot lots also soccer fields are good for gold and silver religious chains and medallions.

OP
OP
Twig57

Twig57

Oct 22, 2014
Back-of-the-boat you're right on the button! These were in the park area but near the soccer field.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back-of-the-boat you're right on the button! These were in the park area but near the soccer field.

That is where I find them also.If your detector is water proof you can find Goodies at local swimming holes also.That was why I went with the AT gold it can
be submersed down to 10 ft.So can the AT pro. but other detectors can also be submersed I just happen to like Garrett.Another good spot is around basket ball courts, people take off jewelry and shirts playing then leave at dark they pick up shirt and wallah the jewelry stays down in the grass my largest gold ring was found around a b.ball court.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions