New location surprise!

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the free time I've had the past few days researching places to hunt. I stumbled across an area that didn't look to promising but given its proximity to water, I decided to put my feet on the ground.

The first signal I dug was the 1953 S Rosie, followed by a steady stream of modern trash and clad. I noticed one corner of this lot had an old rusted backstop a few feet into the woods. Realizing I found an old ball field, I set out in that direction. About ten good signals in I found the Cracker Jack token which is my first CJ token and pretty cool! I kept at it even though the Mosquitos had massed their formations against me in a fuselage of buzzing biting pains in the neck! Persistence paid off with the coin game token before calling it quits! I'm going to save this spot for when the weather cools way off and kills some of the bugs!

Hope everyone is getting out n digging! HH ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440616381.970807.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440616395.720077.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440616409.437451.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440616424.020944.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440616437.520365.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440616451.403482.jpg

Upvote 15

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a place that certainly needs your attention. Along with a large can of "OFF" bug spray. :laughing7:

OP
OP
A

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bug spray is on the shopping list along with more batteries Basque-Man!!!

OP
OP
A

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally took the time to look up the tokens.

The Shell Presidential token was apparently given out in 1968 by She'll gas when you filled up your car.

The Cracker Jack token was issued in 1934 and is the rarer variety identified by save this medal on the reverse. I think I'm on to a pretty decent site given I found items from the '30's, '50's, and 1960's! Can't wait to get back out there!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bugs can be brutal in the woods, sometimes when I head out in the woods I swear I hear them calling each other like fighter jet pilots "ive got one bogey, bearing tango, echo, niner, ATTACK ATTACK!!!"

lol, good saves, head back there with 6 gallons of bug spray

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found out I had a little competition at the new site. He's 9 and lives right across the street. So I told the competition that I would bring him a set of head phones for his Bounty Hunter and a small shovel to help him with his recoveries. I had a good chat with the little guy and showed him how to pinpoint his targets. He asked me to not hint the park unless he was there. I told him I promise not to hunt it unless he's hunting. It seems only right not to spend too much time there and let him have the goods! Plan on dropping by tomorrow to give him the phones and shovel.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bugs can be brutal in the woods, sometimes when I head out in the woods I swear I hear them calling each other like fighter jet pilots "ive got one bogey, bearing tango, echo, niner, ATTACK ATTACK!!!"

lol, good saves, head back there with 6 gallons of bug spray

I got him ,West Nile virus on his six.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread