FurTrade

Greenie
Jun 14, 2015
Northern Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finally bought some headphones and am learning to pinpoint with the detector and not rely on the depth gauge or the discrimination. This one was about 8 inches deep. I was swinging handfuls of dirt over the detector and this popped up in one of them but it is so small that I never saw it or felt it until I spread it out over my towel and felt it. It appears to be lead and read as an pull tab. The diameter is 0.7 cm and it is just over 1.2 cm in length. Now I need to get calipers. Not sure on the date of this but I'm going to guess no later than the 1950's. Found it on a 40 acre farm in Eastern Ontario. The owners have never been gun owners but the previous owners were and they moved out in the 1950's. Although it is definitely possible someone else shot it onto the property. For me this is great because up until now I've just been finding nails and rusted farm iron.

bullet1.jpg bullet2.jpg

Upvote 2

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.7 cm diameter is going to make it a .25 or .22 caliber, depending on how and where it was measured, the base looks flared out to me.

Peter Iredale

Jun 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a barrel cleaner used in muskets would be shot out to clean the barrel and i know this because a normal mini ball bullet has two or three rings on it

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely not a cleaner bullet of any kind. It is a cartridge bullet of very small caliber. .7 centimeters comes out to somewhere around .27 caliber. Could be a .32 caliber handgun bullet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread