Gold, with diamonds and emerald a added bonus! Dont ignore obvious hunting spots!

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold, with diamonds and emerald a added bonus! Don't ignore obvious hunting spots!

I often argue with my partner about where to swing. I want to avoid the obvious.
Old softball field? School yard? Popular park? Every Tom, Dick, and Harry goes to these places when they first get a machine.
But I am continually proved wrong.
That old softball field? Coins going back to fifties, and partner gets three silver rings. The park? Artifacts going back to it's Civil War era mill days.

This time? Local small library that was former one room school house.
I was proved wrong again. The property was loaded with clad from the 80s (maybe used to hold town fair?). Mercury dime on the playground, and a gold ring!
10K with small diamonds and emerald stone. Probably a Kmart quality ring from the 70s or 80s, but that doesn't matter. It's GOLD!

The wife has already laid claim to it. Her Facebook post with the pic? "Some husbands go to Jared, mine digs them out of the ground". Lol.

IMG_20150704_192249846.jpg IMG_20150704_192310023.jpg ring edit.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 23

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice ring !!! I have often been surprised by good find in obvious places. You just don't know till you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread