New spot and Old spot finds!

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hit the New spot I found the Cracker Jack token, Shell Token, n '53 Rosie at. I didn't find anything except the Buckle which was 14" deep.

Everything else came from a park just up the road from the house. The boss gave me permission to get out for a few hours today. I focused my attention on a gently sloping hillside I've never paid attention to. So I pulled a silver chain, a wheat penny that I can see VDB on with a loop, it's pretty toasted! Oh and the partial token that has a 3D image of someone on it. Anyone find anything like this? I'm thinking a baseball token of some sort. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440808073.749341.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440808102.598859.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440808140.782604.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440808156.632327.jpg

Upvote 4

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice big chain. It does look like a baseball coin, there have been several different companies that did promo's with them.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your warming up I see... Some nice saves, like the rosie!

OP
OP
A

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. There were baseball coins back in the early 1970's.

I figured it was fairly modern since it was only about 4" down, but the park goes back to the early 1930's. I dig every repeatable signal at this site. The necklace came up as a nickel signal on my Safari, counting on digging a nickel but was happy it turned out to be even better!

OP
OP
A

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks OBN! I have been on a bit of a streak with the Rosie's lately. I can't remember the last time I found a Merc, it's been that long! I'm soaking the Wheatley in Olive oil, but I'm afraid it's way too far gone even if it turns out to have a mint mark. You're having a killer year and can't wait for your post when you hit your goal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread