My first attempt at magnet fishing gets me a bizzare find lol.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I have been contemplating magnet fishing for a while now and bought all the bits off eBay and the other parts from the work scrap bin. I had been waiting for rope to come in the post for a while but it finally turned up today.

So after finishing work for the day I head to the local stream to find some treasure. I had hoped for muskets or Celtic swords but what I did get was the total opposite of what you would expect when magnet fishing.

I hope you enjoy the video and please hit the thumbs up :)

https://youtu.be/-AMWbfP6Nig

Upvote 6

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a word of advice please describe what you find so people watch the video and comment. A lot of us don't have time to watch it...goodluck buddy!

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, no thumbs up for a fish. Better luck next time!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all the metals these fish are feeding on nowadays.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tell you, i never watch videos anymore like i used to. But that was pretty interesting. I never heard of magnet fishing but i love it!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tell you, i never watch videos anymore like i used to. But that was pretty interesting. I never heard of magnet fishing but i love it!

Would have been great if he had found anything... Anything at all. But interesting concept

mcl

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've gone "magnet fishing" before. Most of what comes up are non-descript bits of magnetic metal and rusted hooks. However the best thing I found was a modern small boat anchor which actually still had a rope attached. Ended up adding it to the array of anchors on the boat we were riding in.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, it was quite exciting not knowing what was going to come up, then when nothing was on it there was a bit of a downer feeling but then anticipation for the next chuck. I am hoping to get back out tomorrow morning although it is supposed to be raining hard so may not be able to film. I think I will hit the coins though in the area I am planning!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That plonker Paul ya know went magnet fishing once on Ringo's parent's front lawn in Liverpool....his first bite was Grand Mama Starkey's false teeth!! Tell that fish to go back and get his old man so we can have some proper fish and chips and a few pints too for tea mate! :laughing7: :occasion14:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the video. Such interesting stuff you can pull up, and the gun is a great find.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha Erik!

I'm going to fasten a net to the back of it too get us a bigger fishy :)

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha Erik!

Messer

Greenie
Jan 17, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Fisher F75, Fisher Cold Bg II, Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Haha Erik!

you need to buy this one
and you will be happy with it. ( Link removed by mod for rule violation)

F600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm old school-----------------no vids for me to show finds----------waist of my time. Picture is worth a thousand words. Now if I need to learn how to do something Vids are OK.
Marvin

Messer

Greenie
Jan 17, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Fisher F75, Fisher Cold Bg II, Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm old school-----------------no vids for me to show finds----------waist of my time. Picture is worth a thousand words. Now if I need to learn how to do something Vids are OK.
Marvin
old scool ever better and i prefered it too. I also never show my finds too. But can you explain me please what do you mean when wrote "VIDS" ? my dictionary and me don't know this word.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
old scool ever better and i prefered it too. I also never show my finds too. But can you explain me please what do you mean when wrote "VIDS" ? my dictionary and me don't know this word.

Videos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions