Late PM-Early AM hunt, 10K with GREEN ice! Gold Ring #12 for 2015

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed on down to Nada for a late night, early morning low tide spin. Tide was off pretty good and there was along flat beach after the slope. Only a few low spots but they only contained sunglasses and a few pennies. Tgts were scattered all over, no real large cluster areas, but most stuff was up higher. Kept getting a few 12.0x signals that kept my hopes up but most were either sunglasses or a bottle cap masquerading as something better. Only saw one other vampire-pirate and their holes out there but they were further down the beach so don't know how they were doing.

One thing I have picked up on this past year is that digging more of those perceived bottle cap signals leads to more sun glasses and cell phones as they sometimes sound the same, depending on what angle they are in the sand. I've also discovered that I need a wider scoop (Stealth 920iX here I come!) to get these larger phones (Apple IPhone 6+ and Samsung Galaxy Note) that they are making these days. It takes about 15 mins or more of pushing one back and forth to each side of the ever widening and deepening hole just to get it out. Same with the large glasses, thinking that a wider scoop will reduce that time some, especially when in the surf and the hole keeps getting filled in. It's a good thing I was hunting with minimal people out there as I was making "mad rhino noises" and muttering to myself every time the scoop came up empty! Chuck, I'll be calling about that new scoop soon buddy!

Not much in the way of clad, plenty of sunglasses and one Galaxy Note 4 (2nd this week) that won't get you any money on Gazelle if it's non-functioning. Rest was 3 junk earrings and a 100 riyal coin from Bahrain....the best find was a nice 2.3 gram 10K ring with what I'm pretty sure are 15 real emeralds. One stone was chipped (emeralds are kinda fragile) but the rest look good! Gold Ring #12 and still chugging along.....I'm tied now with last year's count and had set a goal of at least 20 this year so fingers crossed for the next 4 months. Maybe one of these years I can set a goal of 100 like OBN and actually reach it! (way to go man! you are on fire!)

Hope everyone else is having some good hunts!

Here are the photos:
DSC_2411.JPG DSC_2413.JPG DSC_2414.JPG DSC_2415.JPG DSC_2416.JPG DSC_2417.JPG DSC_2418.JPG DSC_2407.JPG DSC_2403.JPG DocBeav Gold Ring #12 2015.JPG

Upvote 8

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ring! I'd love to find some Emeralds attached to one of the rings I find.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Hunt Mr Doc B!! Love finding green stone rings...Very Nice one!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking gold!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread