CW bullets

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I found these bullets at the spot I found the other 2 Ringer. From the little research I did, it looks like this 2 ringer and the half bullet in casing are .40 CW pistol bullets? No idea what the small bullet and casing are. Would love to hear what everyone thinks on all 4 of these.
20150831 bullets 1.jpg 20150831 bullets 2.jpg

Oh yeah, found these and a toasted V nickel with the Tejon.

Upvote 2

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two ringer is modern for sure. Can't say about the others.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these bullets at the spot I found the other 2 Ringer. From the little research I did, it looks like this 2 ringer and the half bullet in casing are .40 CW pistol bullets? No idea what the small bullet and casing are. Would love to hear what everyone thinks on all 4 of these.
View attachment 1206012 View attachment 1206013

Oh yeah, found these and a toasted V nickel with the Tejon.

Man Staring at your pic's for 10 min , I'm still a little Confused .
(Need at-Least 1 of my 2 smaller CW Bullet Handbook's)

Now the Brass piece with the lead smashed into /or in it. Really Don't Know , reminds me of a Bullet put upside down into some kinda Case ???

Sorry to say I also think the 2 ringer is a early Cast 38 or the like, still cool to find with little damage 'IMO'

imo The last bullet & case is likely an Early 22 Rim Fire with 1 fired of course. (still cool to find a complete one).

Now I could be Wrong on the Rim Fire, as I have Dug some Suspect 22 cal Bullets in a late CW Calvary Camp but the bullet tips are more Rounded. & Certain Cases from that area are Unmarked, Yours has an M-Over another M ? or M - W.?

Seems most of the older Rim Fire Cases I find have a 'U' on their bottoms & some others are Unmarked Or too Degraded to see a Mark.

I'd Put these Pic;s on "What is it" forum as I find The Cannon Ball Guy is very Knowledgeable about these things & He was online last week I believe.

Nice finds (that Tejon Loves the little stuff don't it?) & Good Luck on getting Positive ID's.
Davers

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was told the same thing in another forum. I see the crimp marks now and know to look for them in the future. Thanks for the replies Steve and Davers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread