Weekend Civil War Saves (Glass, Brass, Iron, and Silver)

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
I escaped with my brother last weekend for a couple days of digging at a new site. Surface finds were difficult to come by although I did locate what I think might be the cut off barrel of a musket, epaulette scales and a nice dropped pistol bullet. The bullet, looks similar to a colt, however I compared it to several I have dug and its bigger. Perhaps a Sage? Any input would be nice. The remainder of the time was spent searching for fire pits and digging out a privy which had been dug previously many years ago but not sifted. The brass watch chain came from the privy wall. I searched desperately for the pocket watch without success. Several Uniform buttons wrapped in original uniform cloth came out as well, several of which were given to a friend. Seeing the Union blue is quite a site after 150 years. Given the amount I have found in period privies in this area I can only assume they used the old uniforms as toilet paper. The crossed sabres were a nice surprise out of a small firepit and are tough to dig intact. Eagle buttons and other camp items surfaced as well as a period Burnetts Hair tonic bottle, which I gave to a digging friend. Overall a great hunt and likely my last before DIV. I guess this will have to be the warm up. Thanks for looking, good luck and stay dirty.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender3.jpg
    FullSizeRender3.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 139
  • FullSizeRender2.jpg
    FullSizeRender2.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3675a.jpg
    IMG_3675a.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 127
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3671a.jpg
    IMG_3671a.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 19

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always you post some great looking relics!

Hope you have a chance to get out before DIV, since its a few months away. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread