deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid and I went back to the yard we got a few silvers and the CW Boss Bit earlier in the year. The owner said he wanted to level his yard out, some time over the Summer. No fill dirt, just get some heavy equipment in and level it off.
He got lazy and it never happened. He did cut some weeds and brush down that took over part of the yard.
Ground was hard as a rock so we were selective with what hits we dug. Got a solid 12:46 at 6" on the CTX and had to dig it. Flipped a plug and had myself a rough and worn 1898 Barber quarter, I'll take it.
Only other finds were a few wheats and some clad.
On the way home we did a little door knocking and got a small yard to hit. The guy said his son was into metal detecting and had hit it before but, we were welcome to hit it. All we got here were a couple wheats and I got a 1955 dog tag.
The dog tag was the exact same year and design and from the same county as a tag I found back in Febuary. The day I found the tag back in Febuary we were hitting a different yard and the home owner came out to talk with us. He showed us a dog tag that came from his yard that some other guy detecting his yard found. That dog tag was the exact same year, design and from the same county as mine.
What are the odds of three dog tags like that being found like that and none were found closer then 5 miles from each other??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 4

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver and dog tags that's a good combo

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that a nice old dog tag and that well used Barber are a good hunt by themselves. Nice streak you're on!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I would take that 1898 anytime, nice silver!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The dog tags are nice... but the 1800s silver is sweet, yeah, it's a bit worn, but it's a Barber quarter! That would have made my whole month!

Glad to see that the boy didn't put a spanking on you! Well played, and best of luck to you both!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ANTLERS YOU GOT SOME NEAT ONES . BARBER AND THE TAG NEAT .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread