Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
21 Silvers, 5 Gold's ..

Got out Tuesday with my friend Tom from OC MD. Beautiful day to be in the water, other then the jelly fish.. Scored Gold Ring #100 for the year with a few extra's. #101 a 1928 class ring and #102 ..Along with a few smaller Gold's, a Pendent and Locket ... #102 a Large 14k mans ring is major incrusted but will be breaking open the end of the month, putting it down on the MARS Metal Detecting Club display table as my find of the month... Something different....Hard to beat the land hunters with all there Treasures..

Silver was flowing also, but it takes for ever to clean so it's pictured crusty, or Cookied..

Best Luck to all, cutting back on my hunting, preparing for next year.. Hopefully a few new beach's with different treasures. And a new plan of attack on all this silt and sand. Jetski with a down draft gate ..... Thanks for looking and Be safe!

OBN0360 (3).jpg OBN0360 (2).jpg

OBN0362.jpg #101 OBN0361.jpg #102 OBN0366.jpg
OBN0337.jpg Capt Tom Digging Treasure

OBN0338.jpg Gold Number 1oo for 2015

Upvote 17

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey great job hitting the 100 gold milestone!, killer amount of silver as well, great hunting!!!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great stuff, this land lubber doesn't even come close to your sea hunts...:notworthy:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your the man Beechy!
Save some for me.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see how you operate now...you let others have several nice water hunts, then you go out and set the bar so high they have to go out again! That's a gobsmacking hunt!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 Gold's in a year is unreal. Putting in that kind of time is almost like a full time job ( but more fun ).

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats OBN.

I don't even know what to say...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the #100 milestone and what a great hunt that you had. Liking the encrusted ring picture, and good luck getting it recognized as the find of the month at the club.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible day of finds . 100 gold is a goal for a lifetime for me and you do it in a yr

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! 100 plus gold rings is Awesome!!

It would take me a lifetime or two to find that many, Congrats!!

Is your friend Tom also known as Captain Tom?

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, congrats on reaching the 100 milestone. Very cool and impressive.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great water assortment you have there. You surely know the right spots to search. And I don't know of any land hunters that can match a good water hunter ever.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ! What is the most effective method of removing the encrustation from the silver surfaces ?

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds ! What is the most effective method of removing the encrustation from the silver surfaces ?

Simple but time consuming.. I may clean them today since I enjoy that also, you never know what your going to find..... First I crush the cookie with something like pliers, use a razor if needed to peal off, then heat them up with my laptop Electrolysis, which takes about 30 seconds.. wipe some what clean and do again if needed then wipe dry.. then baking soda rub...sometimes I will tumble for the perfect clean up but most are in fair to poor condition after many years in saltwater.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Casper...[/QUOTE said:
Thanks Mr Casper!

hey great job hitting the 100 gold milestone!, killer amount of silver as well, great hunting!!!
Thanks cjon, My Best year on the 100, hopefully the fun will continue for many more.
Great stuff, this land lubber doesn't even come close to your sea hunts...
Thanks quela, But I must say Land is alot tuffer and I never did very well at all. Your land hunting is very impressive if I must say!
Your the man Beechy!
Save some for me.
Thanks Brad, You would think the spots have been Hammered over the years there would be none left but Seems like they just keep moving and more comes.
I see how you operate now...you let others have several nice water hunts, then you go out and set the bar so high they have to go out again! That's a gobsmacking hunt!
Thanks OD!
HaHa...When I first started water hunting my partner would make a competetion out of the hunts, I never really liked that and once I started getting the hang of the water and knowing my machine he stopped because he could not keep up. I don't like pressure or even putting it on anyone else because when I step foot on the beach... I'm there to be a Kid again..to have fun and learn. The Treasure is the Bonus...

Awesome job.
Thanks TJ, Love your avitar!
100 Gold's in a year is unreal. Putting in that kind of time is almost like a full time job ( but more fun ).
Thanks TH! Really I only hunt 20 to 25 hours a week. I'm fully retired, single and Blessed to have good health.. So it's all fun..
Congrats OBN.

I don't even know what to say...
Thanks CT.. Keep that Sterling coming!!
Congrats on the #100 milestone and what a great hunt that you had. Liking the encrusted ring picture, and good luck getting it recognized as the find of the month at the club.
Thanks Pepperj! Tuff winning that table becasue 98% are land hunters but I really enjoy being around others sharing the same interest so that's the really Winner..

Incredible day of finds . 100 gold is a goal for a lifetime for me and you do it in a yr
Thanks Wheatie!! Yes a Very Blessed Year...Be Safe my TN Friend!
Wow!! 100 plus gold rings is Awesome!!

It would take me a lifetime or two to find that many, Congrats!!

Is your friend Tom also known as Captain Tom?
Many Thanks deershed! I know that's what all of his water hunting friends call him, I do know he lives near you. Just North of OC in deleware.
OBN, congrats on reaching the 100 milestone. Very cool and impressive.
Thanks I C!! Cool yes! I great enjoyment being in the water and being able to dig treasure..
Great water assortment you have there. You surely know the right spots to search. And I don't know of any land hunters that can match a good water hunter ever.
Thanks thrifty! I have several spots, each holds many different treasures. And I agree, One of the reasons I went to water hunting.. Many treasures, and a few bads. Just got a call from a local fisherman who passed along some info that a (possible) family of Bull Sharks have been seen across from one of my hunting locations..4 footer and 7 footer...Yeek!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OBN STILL PACKING THEM IN . NICE FINDS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread