May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this morning with no plan in mind other then surviving the heat and humidity. Decided to do a little door knocking in a local college town . My first knock was a yes by a college girl who looked like she had just gotten out of bed . I asked her if she was renting and she said yes but the landlord gave her the run of the property . Considering what she looked like all sleepy eyed at 800 in the morning cant really say I blame him . But I digress.... lol . I asked her if she would call the landlord and confirm for my piece of mind and she said she would . So with permission confirmed with the owner off I went . I have to say it was probably the cleanest lawn as far as junk and pulltabs etc that I have ever seen in this college town . I didnt dig more then a dozen trash targets all day . The ground was like dust and I have a return visit planned when the rain starts again in the fall . For the day I ended up with 3 old Washington's a 1943, 1935 , 1939 and a 1964 rosie that looks like it was dropped the day it was minted. Also 7 wheats ranging from 1914-1952. As for normal clad my contribution to the roll it and buy silver fund was 3.72. Couple of odd relics and a rose tag

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150903_163025.png
    ForumRunner_20150903_163025.png
    175 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20150903_163046.png
    ForumRunner_20150903_163046.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 15

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Hunt!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice 46W! Three quarters is awesome in my little world. That's more silver than I have ever found in one day. Congrats on the score.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
85 cents face... Great day...when it cools down we should make plans for you to come down man ...lemme know

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Bam, Bam, Bam and another, Small Bam!! Love the Silvers

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, funny how were all hoping for cool weather but dread that frozen ground nonsense!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible digs there my friend... but damn those silver Washingtons! I swear nobody ever dropped one in my neighborhood!:BangHead:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just imagine what that college girl might say later on, if the subject ever comes up about those darn treasure hunters! ;)

Looks like it paid for your effort.
Nice!

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
85 cents face... Great day...when it cools down we should make plans for you to come down man ...lemme know

Sounds good ... my cousin lives in your neck of the woods so it could be a two for one visit

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just imagine what that college girl might say later on, if the subject ever comes up about those darn treasure hunters! ;)

Looks like it paid for your effort.
Nice!

She actually was hanging around all day and seemed pretty interested in the whole process . To the point where she asked if she could try it sometime

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She actually was hanging around all day and seemed pretty interested in the whole process . To the point where she asked if she could try it sometime

Well, I know what my opinion might have been, if someone knocked on my door, waking me up at 8am and asked if he could dig up my yard and insisted I call my landlord. All to see if he could find any gold or silver. ;) LOL

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know it was a college house or I wouldn't have knocked till noon.:laughing7: Im not taking a tenants word as permission ..... been there did that and got thrown off by the owner when they found out . But it turned out ok so double bonus :occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't even try the local college town here. They have an ordinance prohibiting it on municipal property and the college kids are known for their rowdy parties. I can only imagine the number of pull tabs in the lawns lol.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day all around!!

3 silver quarters on one hunt has got to be some kind of record. After my quarter find yesterday, it made a total of 3 quarters from that yard over probably a dozen hunts. Lol
Pretty good day with the wheats too.

Hope a return hunt there brings you still more silver.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally would probably not knock on a stranger's door that early in the morning, but glad you got permission--you may have better luck in the future if you wait till at least 10 AM, but that's just my opinion. I hate those aluminum rose tags! They sound so good and are such a let down. I've dug a bunch of them over the years. Nice job on the silver :thumbsup:

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would probably not knock on a stranger's door that early in the morning, but glad you got permission--you may have better luck in the future if you wait till at least 10 AM, but that's just my opinion. I hate those aluminum rose tags! They sound so good and are such a let down. I've dug a bunch of them over the years. Nice job on the silver :thumbsup:

I don't usually go knocking that early but I was trying to avoid the heat. I live in a very rural area and most people are up and around by 600 or 630 so in the past when I have gone that early to beat the heat the time really hasn't been an issue . It was just a little unusual for me today because I went to a bigger town that has a college and happened to hit on a college rental house . I never even thought of the college connection part until after that bleary eyed young lady came to the door. But it all worked out in the end

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread