Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have ever read any of my previous posts you will know that I take a certain amount of literary liberty to enhance the enjoyment of the outing. I enjoy writing about a dig just as much as doing it. All the items in a post are either found or eyeballed while out on a hunt. Incidents did happen.
We have all had those days where even the simplest of tasks turn into a catastrophe. Days where doing the morning dishes is comparable to walking in a minefield or driving down Old Sackville road reminds you of a verse in the bible, "Ye tho I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil." Today was one of those days where my world had gone to hell in a hand basket.
Figured that it would be a nice day to go for a quick dig before my last shift before vacation. Of course household chores and breakfast first. Put a kcup of Marley "You making me crazy " in the Keurig machine then the smoke alarm went off in the hallway as the toaster was on.....common enough event that was easily rectified.
Mind you I returned to the Keurig to see coffee all over the counter down onto the shelves and on the floor. Had been waylaid and forgotten to put a cup under the spout ! Clean up number one. I just smiled!
While doing the dishes one of Marie's Corning Ware plates took a nose dive off the counter. Clean up number two. It should have clicked in at this time that a dig should be avoided. When yourself talks to you just listen and take heed. I just smiled!
Anyway I loaded my F3P into Nogo's boot and headed to Kinsman's First Lake Park which is only a 10 minute drive from home. An hour swinging would fulfill my addiction. Parked in the upper lot next to the dumpster and sort of tumbled down the embankment where the kids swings and things were. I just smiled!
I began to swing in earnest finding a penny shortly thereafter which I pocketed . Something just didn't feel right. The black shorts that I had hastily taken out of the clothes hamper earlier were Marie's. Guess now I could add cross dresser to my resume. I just smiled!
Working my way back towards the slope I noticed that the entire power line that runs parallel with the parking lot was full of starlings. "Aerial dew" in a tight formation bombarded Nogo mercilessly. I just smiled!
At this time I noticed that Nogo's drivers side rear was sort of lower than the rest of the car. Twenty minutes later and $25 poorer a screw was removed from its tire. I just smiled!

Imagine by now some of you are wondering how one could just smile at that sort of day. Well I made it home in one piece. I just smiled and looked to the heavens and thanked the Lord I had made it through another day!

:hello:

Upvote 18

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds and making it through another day.

IMO, EVERY day is a GREAT one as long as we wake up and make it home in one piece.
Plus, tomorrow's another day and half the fun of living is seeing what turns up next.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your positive attitude, something I could have a little more of.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have ever read any of my previous posts you will know that I take a certain amount of literary liberty to enhance the enjoyment of the outing. I enjoy writing about a dig just as much as doing it. All the items in a post are either found or eyeballed while out on a hunt. Incidents did happen.
We have all had those days where even the simplest of tasks turn into a catastrophe. Days where doing the morning dishes is comparable to walking in a minefield or driving down Old Sackville road reminds you of a verse in the bible, "Ye tho I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil." Today was one of those days where my world had gone to hell in a hand basket.
Figured that it would be a nice day to go for a quick dig before my last shift before vacation. Of course household chores and breakfast first. Put a kcup of Marley "You making me crazy " in the Keurig machine then the smoke alarm went off in the hallway as the toaster was on.....common enough event that was easily rectified.
Mind you I returned to the Keurig to see coffee all over the counter down onto the shelves and on the floor. Had been waylaid and forgotten to put a cup under the spout ! Clean up number one. I just smiled!
While doing the dishes one of Marie's Corning Ware plates took a nose dive off the counter. Clean up number two. It should have clicked in at this time that a dig should be avoided. When yourself talks to you just listen and take heed. I just smiled!
Anyway I loaded my F3P into Nogo's boot and headed to Kinsman's First Lake Park which is only a 10 minute drive from home. An hour swinging would fulfill my addiction. Parked in the upper lot next to the dumpster and sort of tumbled down the embankment where the kids swings and things were. I just smiled!
I began to swing in earnest finding a penny shortly thereafter which I pocketed . Something just didn't feel right. The black shorts that I had hastily taken out of the clothes hamper earlier were Marie's. Guess now I could add cross dresser to my resume. I just smiled!
Working my way back towards the slope I noticed that the entire power line that runs parallel with the parking lot was full of starlings. "Aerial dew" in a tight formation bombarded Nogo mercilessly. I just smiled!
At this time I noticed that Nogo's drivers side rear was sort of lower than the rest of the car. Twenty minutes later and $25 poorer a screw was removed from its tire. I just smiled!

Imagine by now some of you are wondering how one could just smile at that sort of day. Well I made it home in one piece. I just smiled and looked to the heavens and thanked the Lord I had made it through another day!

:hello:

Great Story & Kosher Finds.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LESLIE I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY . ANY OLE ROTTEN DAY CAN BE OKAY AS LONG AS YOU ARE OUT DETECTING.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was totally with you and mentally applauding your attitude until I read the part about your wearing Marie's shorts...after that? I'm just cracking up...oh my, It's so hard to type....God bless.....lmbo

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pics of you in the shorts?!
Great outlook on life.
I hope there was a frosty beverage waiting at home.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eat. Sleep. Metal Detect. The "New Revised" Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. To achieve these in one day is LIVING! Sub 8-)

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well look on the bright side, that pink charm'll look pretty good on you next time you go out detecting in your wife's nickers! :laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, too, must confess to having a bit of extra enjoyment by attempting some entertainment in my posts. :dontknow:
Maybe a subconscious maneuver regarding a secret missed desire to be an entertainer. LOL

Anyway, yes, some days are diamonds and some days are coal. :)

If you ever want to feel not quite so alone, check out the post link in my signature. ;)

Stiff upper lip and all that! :)

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Yep, we all have days like that!

I've accidentally worn my clothes wrong-side out, but so far haven't run around in hubby's shorts! Thanks for the fun read! :icon_thumright: Andi

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
as the famous MARCUS AURELIUS SAID --- DEATH SMILES AT ALL OF US , AND ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread