toledo swords.

G

gigglygutts

Hello folks

? ? ? ? Im new to the site and my dad just came home with 6 swords that look quite old. One has *moo (the oo high up and underlined) FAB DE TOLEDO 1840 spain carved into the blade.Another has the words *DVOVE D ALBA* and also says toledo. One is very rusted and Im not sure if its a home made sword or not. Doubt my pic does these swords justice but thought Id add it. Hope someone out there knows something about these items. They were found in the dump along with very old war board games. 1 of the games is called *gettysburg civil war battle game*125th anniversary. The other 5 games are from 1984-85 made by victory games called *vietnam 1965-75* *open fire* *sixth fleet* and *korean war*.Also a game called Modern tactical ground combat in germany* Never heard of these board games either. All in all some very intersting stuff!!? Thanks for listening!!? ?

Attachments

• toledo swords0004.jpg
    toledo swords0004.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,576
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REAL COOL SWORDS. thanks for sharing ;jeff

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Very nice.....I love swords. Those would make a nice addition to anyone's collection.
You think maybe someone was getting rid of everything that reminded them of war and the tragedies associated?

S

SASQUASH

What is up with people. I found this Imperial German Model 1889 Officer's Sword at the dump not even a year ago. SASQUASH'S are said to be seen going Threw the dump ERRR.

OP
OP
G

gigglygutts

I think someone may have been cleaning house. Alot of times my dad gets these great finds because someone passes away and relatives just toss the stuff out. Unfortunately I have no background or info on these items. No little pieces of paper tucked away with a clue or 2 ?:'( This site is sooooo interesting I'm becoming addicted to it!! Such great treasures! I wanted to ask,,is there a really big difference between high end metal detectors and the cheap ones? Im so intrigued by all this now I want to go exploring! My mom has a detector we fooled around with a bit last summer but I found it difficult to understand the readings. I know these machines can be quite expensive and am wondering if the cost is truly necessary.Happy hunting folks!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they Can get Quite Expensive, However for someone just starting out, there are Cheap ones, that are fine. You wouldn't want to get something too Complicated for your first one any way, plus the more Expensive the Heavier they are too. My suggestion for your first detector would be Either Bounty Hunter or Garrett. Bounty hunter have the Least Expensive.

OP
OP
G

gigglygutts

Thanks so much for the info Jeff! I live 2 blocks from the St lawrence seaway,Canadian side, and its a top rated area for sunken ships and underwater treasures. Im going to see where I can get myself one of those detectors!

T

tank

swords are modern manufacture available from collectors armory. $ 20-35 each whole set $80 sorry!

OP
OP
G

gigglygutts

Thanks for the info tank. I checked out the site and their stuff sure looks new compared to what I have.Unfortunately my cheap camera doesnt show any of the intricate detail on the blades and the color of posted pics arent even the same >:( The ones I have, although I doubt we'd be lucky enough to have the real thing!!,,are certainly quite old. Even so, I love them!And $80 straight from the dump isnt so shabby after all..LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions