muddy puddle dried up along with permission--so we buttoned it up at a cornfield

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mud pit owner shut us down for "liability" reason, since we got most of the treasures, this is time to move on. Tuesday was a scouting day but I bagged a Merc. at a local swimming hole, then scoped the cornfields & found a cleared one. Wednesday was a 3rd year re-visit to a ball field that had produced a GW & 2 Mercs. plus a pile of clad. this short hunt yielded a '64 Rosie. Thursday we hit the corn field with FMERG-- he got 3 buttons with a roundball, I scored these morsels. tiny one appears to be International Harvester vintage brass, domed is what Frank says is Rev. Tombac, 3rd is "gold colour". PICKUNS BE GITTIN' SLIM:BangHead: IMG_2043.JPG IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2045.JPG IMG_2046.JPG IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2048.JPG

Upvote 7

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get your own liability insurance (a million dollars cost about $150 a year) provide the land owner prof and I bet you get permission again. I keep about that amount and it at least knocks that excuse out

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear you were chased away from the mud pit. Man that site really produced for you 2.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get your own liability insurance (a million dollars cost about $150 a year) provide the land owner prof and I bet you get permission again. I keep about that amount and it at least knocks that excuse out
Unless that excuse is homeowner speak for "got myself a detector after seeing what you guys got and it's all mine now". :laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are a very nice group of uncommon buttons.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of buttons.
Nice to hear about liability insurance costs.
Most County Fairgrounds require or ask if you have it.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are negotiating with the owner, it is a construction site and owners are APU and his family from India, I should call my cousin Vinny "knee-caps" Soprano to help finalize the deal.
Unless that excuse is homeowner speak for "got myself a detector after seeing what you guys got and it's all mine now". :laughing7:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YEP ACE YOU SURLEY IN THE RIGHT PLACE , NICE FINDS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread