Our gold from the GPAA/LDMA trip

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
David and I went on the GPAA/LDMA outing at Blue bucket claim this weekend. We went Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday and so far this is all we have from the trip. We still have a lot of material to pan but this is what we have so far. I ended up being pretty darn sick but I still got my 4 hr shifts in shoveling each day...then we went to the doc on the way back yesterday....seems I have strep throat, anemic, my liver function is up and I am supposed to be resting but I am so excited about the gold I had to get on here and post a pic of what we have got so far. For those of you that have not gone on one of these outings...you are surely missing out! We learned a lot and had a great time!

Attachments

• bluebucket2007.jpg
    bluebucket2007.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 607
Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG. I love panning almost as much as MDing. But my MD is more portable and pays better. ;)

HH.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Neither has done much paying for us so far but we sure are enjoying it! :D There sure is something about panning away and seeing that flash of gold though!! :D :D :D

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cyangyl - Hope you get to feeling better. That's some Pretty Gold against that blue. I'm hoping to be able to do some panning some day. I can only imagine the rush you must feel seeing gold in your pan. Saw the Becky Worley show on that and it looks like a lot of fun.

HH

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Hey now those are some pretty nice little nugs! It doesn't take long for it to add up when you're getting that kind of gold in your pan. Where you just panning or wrere you running a sluice?
Great job and happy hunting

~Nash~

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We were running highbankers on the common operation, four hour shifts shoveling each day then we were panning during our free time. We took our sluice but there were not a lot of spots to get the sluice in and a lot of people there so we just panned. A lot of people had their own highbankers to run and they seemed to do the best but that is one thing we have not invested in yet. Hugh taught a class on sluicing and that was very informative. If I had been feeling better I would also have been in the MD treasure Hunt on Saturday but after my shift on the common operation my throat was killing me and I went and took some ibuprofen and took a nap! lol Maybe next time...they had some really cool prizes! The potluck looked pretty good too! All said and done.....the gold we got was well worth it! :D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great gold! I used to be a member of the GPAA up untill 2 years ago. It's allways nice to see the color.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well if you get your fanny out to visit we will make sure we go again! ;)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the gold panning. I too love panning as much as MDing. We take the kids up to the NC mountains once in awhile to pan. I've found a lot more MDing than panning, but they are BOTH back breaking fun! ;D
Hope you feel better soon.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread