Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out this morning after all the rain. Also got to try the 5 x 8 coil on the AT Pro. Found a flat button, Buff and two Indians in an area I thought I've been over a dozen times. Been on this site probably 50 times and only found two Indians prior. Every time I think this site is done it goes and produces more good finds. My IHP total for the year is now 15.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 8

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Toasted.
And thats alot of INJINS.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! I hope you find some gold and silver as well.
I'll have my 5X8 this spring, and can't wait to try it in some old parks that produce, but are loaded with trash.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were the Indian Heads kinda deep ? Also did they look a bit like zinc pennies to your detector ?

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Were the Indian Heads kinda deep ? Also did they look a bit like zinc pennies to your detector ?
The Indians were not that deep. 5x8 coil not nearly as deep as stock one and VDI does not seem to lock on as well as stock but it is much easier to swing for extended periods of time. Funny thing about how they rang up because earlier this weak I got an IHP at another site that rang up like a pull tab. Figured it was on edge. One of the Indians today had a low VDI as well

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I think the rain definitely helped and the coil probably did as well- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE OLE INJUNS THERE TOASTED ....

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the saturating rains help bring up the signals. My experience with the smaller 5 x 8 coil has been it's ability
to get in between a few trash signals and sniff out or isolate the good target(s). The 5 x 8 coil picked up a Mercury Dime
at 9 inches. That's pretty deep. The stock coil covers more ground and potential targets. The upside of the smaller coil is
it's ability to coin shoot between the trash. The downside of the smaller coil is that it doesn't cover as much area as the
stock coil. IHP's can come in at 78 on the Pro, which is sometimes a Zinc Penny or a bottle cap. If I come across a solid
repeatable signal that is deeper than 4 inches,, I will dig it, especially if the place I'm digging has a history of delivering
older coins. Congrats on a nice hunt and good luck with the 5 X 8 coil. I always favored it over the stock coil

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did dig quite a few very deep bent square nails so maybe when the 5 x 8 goes over a deep coin I'll be digging it too. Just didn't happen today. Indians were 6" max

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Toasted, for pulling those IHPs and Buffalo :thumbsup:

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out this morning after all the rain. Also got to try the 5 x 8 coil on the AT Pro. Found a flat button, Buff and two Indians in an area I thought I've been over a dozen times. Been on this site probably 50 times and only found two Indians prior. Every time I think this site is done it goes and produces more good finds. My IHP total for the year is now 15.

My congrats!
But, the only thing I can figure is the combo. of both, plus by removing trash from previous hunts you open up other masked signals. A lot of guys here swear by going back to hunted out sites over and over.
Give you credit for the persistence.

Good Luck and more importantly Enjoy your hobby!

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colonial silver Pomander, Spanish cob, seated half dime, 4 LC, Half cent, 3 KGs, about 8 other silvers, 4 IHP, 3 V nickels, class ring, dozens of flat buttons and on and on. Dream site for any detectorist especially a noob like me

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and nice hunt.

I have a site like that. I've pounded the heck out of it.
I'm leaving it alone for the rest of the season though. I'm hoping the winter will move some more good targets around a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread