Weekends Wad of Wacky & Wonderful Widgets and Whatnot...and Some "Seal Burr" Too!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weekend's Wad of Wacky & Wonderful Widgets and Whatnot...and Some "Seal Burr" Too!

I found a local school that is so far into the neighborhood you have to take four left turns to get there. It is older, I would say mid 1960's, so my hopes were up. I had to work at it, and dug about $16.00 in clad to get the goodies.

Highlights included a sterling "Chain link-I.D. bracelet" style ring. It weighs 4.3 grams and rang in a solid 86 VDI on the ATPro, same as the 25-30 clad quarters I dug at the school. (that is how I know this school has not been detected in a while!) The ring is marked, "925" on the inside.
chainring1.JPG chainring2.JPG chainring3.JPG

Also found a "whole lotta love" in the form of gold plated/colored heart pendants and locket, a broken $ pendant, a padlock pendant, and a kid's bling ring.
chainring4.JPG

Boy and Girl Scouts of America represent!

chainring5.JPG

Foreign coins included a 2 1/2 Gulden from the Netherlands and a 10 Pence from Great Britain, and a token for the animated rat palace...Chuck E. Cheese...

chainring6.JPG

I also found a silver coin! A 1964 Roosie dime, which I managed to hit with the Lesche..:BangHead:. Later, at a nearby park, I fished a very small "scale weight," marked "2" for two grams, out of the bark in the tot lot. Obviously once used for nefarious purposes as there is no legitimate reason for it to be there...:icon_scratch: (Here little Johnny, go play with your gram scale on the playground....)

chainring7.JPG

Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all and enjoy the fall weather for digging!

Sub 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 3

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY SUB U MUST BE FEELING KINDA HEARTY TODAY . NICE BUNCH YOU HAVE THERE .

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, I love old schools and all the junk jewelry and that big maybe...silver! Congrats.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the silver Sub. I like the ring.

The rain has kept me out of the action. I believe that it is about over though.

Best of luck to you. Better get after it quick, I heard that the cold weather is on the way!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging all those unique finds. :occasion14: I bet the scale weight came from the science lab.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY SUB U MUST BE FEELING KINDA HEARTY TODAY . NICE BUNCH YOU HAVE THERE .

You know it Sut, I am hoping that someday, one of the hearty hearts will be karat gold! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on digging all those unique finds. :occasion14: I bet the scale weight came from the science lab.

Sure Loco, thank you for the kind words. A science lab like the one in "Breaking Bad?" Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver Sub. I like the ring.

The rain has kept me out of the action. I believe that it is about over though.

Best of luck to you. Better get after it quick, I heard that the cold weather is on the way!

Thanks Tom, I feel for my brothers and sisters getting washed away on the east coast. When it all goes away, targets will have risen to the surface. And the ground will be sooooo soft. Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread