Somebody could have been very rich!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Years ago, I found a bank token worth $.25 if deposited at a particular bank in an account earning 4% annually. The catch was it had to go in by January 1, 1918. I found another today, for the same bank (Farmers Deposit Savings Bank of Pittsburgh) but it was for a measly penny. Since I'm whacked, I decided to do the math. Had someone deposited that by the deadline, instead of dropping it on the ground, it would have turned into 45 cents this year! It took almost forty years to become a nickel. I love these kinds of finds; not only are they a piece of history, they tell you just a little about how people lived.

Attachments

• onecentdeposit.jpg
    onecentdeposit.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 153
  • back deposit.jpg
    back deposit.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 13

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome though really I do the same thing I'm a history and math nerd...works out real well detecting! Great find though!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the interesting and historic find!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LIKE THE TOKEN BUT LOST IN THE MATH ...

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather find that little jar of coins someone put aside in , oh, say, 1921. And, inside that jar was some 1909-svdb pennies,
a 1916-d dime or two and about 10 1921 canadian 5 cent pieces and that 1856 flying eagle cent that great grandpa gave.

Can you imagine the "interest" they'd have garnered by now! ;)

Still you have a great historic piece. If I can't have the former, I'd love to find that! :)

WTG!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found the same token years ago maybe 40 miles from Pittsburgh how close are you to Pittsburgh?

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I think I found the same token ye ars ago maybe 40 miles from Pittsburgh how close are you to Pittsburgh?

I live in Zelienople and found this token in Ben Avon. My 25 Cent token I found up here, if I recall.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome though really I do the same thing I'm a history and math nerd...works out real well detecting! Great find though!

Time Travel :thumbsup:

Cool Find !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread