Cant believe I found another one, plus Indians, Barbers etc.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe I found another one, plus Indians, Barbers etc.

Hit a favorite old park on Sunday. I can't believe I found another 2 cent piece. It's my 6th this year and they are all dated 1864. It's twice as many as I've found in the last 35 years. They have come from 4 different spots spread 120 miles apart. I also picked up a nickel trifecta with a shield nickel, 3 V nickels and a buffalo. They're all toasted, but nice to find. Same goes for the Indians, they are a bit toasted. Of course we all like finding silver and I particularly like finding Barbers and older. It was a great variety for the day and although nothing new, I'm sure a few of these pieces would be on someones bucket list. It was just one of those days where I was swinging my loop in the right spots. I was with 3 buddies, 2 also using a CTX and one using an E-Trac and between them they came up with 3 Indians, a merc and a shield nickel. Sometimes it's just where you swing the loop. HH.

2 cent 10-3-15.jpg

dimes 10-3-15.jpg

Indians 10-3-15.jpg

nickels 10-3-15.jpg

Upvote 24
OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! Please tell me there's an "s" mint mark on the 1903 Barber...

I wish. I also wish there were S mint marks on the backs of the two 1908 Indians. (I did find a 1908-S Indian about 30 years ago)

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure looks like the park likes you giving up it's treasures, sometimes it's a zig instead of a zag that produces the finds. Congrats on another 2 cent piece they don't come often for many and it seems your on a run.

You are so right, sometimes it's a zig instead of a zag. Funny thing is, this park has been HEAVILY HUNTED................for 40 years!

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those dimes are nothing to slouch about! Well done.

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure did great Don !
This park is great for 2 cents it seems. Remember the past 2 weeks? I found two in two hunts only ! Actually... my first 2 ones !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions