The things we "Dads" have to do!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The things we "Dad's" have to do!!!!

So last Saturday, my daughter is playing soccer and being the "teenager" she is; is caught by the ref for wearing a necklace. She takes it off, but doesn't take it to the sidelines and instead sticks it in her "shinguard". :BangHead: Really?

Sunday morning and she tells me she lost her necklace while I'm at work. I tell her that thing is gone!!!! I drive by the field and there are about 50 migrant workers playing soccer since its their day off......I'm for sure this thing is gone now!!!

Today is my day off after a nasty, busy week at work. Wife wakes me up and "directs" me to "go find" my daughters necklace. :icon_scratch: I'm not one for metal detecting this park since it is nothing but new stuff; bottle caps, garbage and lots of zinc pennies. Anyway, off I go....

Get to the park, no one around. Thats good since I knew I needed to get there early before the tweekers wake up and start bugging me. I call the daughter at school and get a general area of where she "thinks" it could be. Turn the DEUS on and were off and running. I start getting signals all over the place and decide "I'm only looking for a mid tone; on the top of the ground". Yea, right. after digging my 4th penny and a few dimes, I refocus only for a target on top of the ground. 10 minutes later; BAM!!! Good signal and see the chain in the grass!!!! YEA!!! Now I can go. Send the daughter and the wife a pic and I'm out of there!!

Start heading home and figure, why not hit the old hill were I have had luck in the past with the E-trac? Tried an area that was nothing but trash and never found a coin. Second signal I snag a 1906 IH Penny. Cool!! After a quick 30 minutes I have a pocket of junk and another wheat and 41 Nickel. Not my normal hunt but I am very happy with the new machine and thanks to someones "hint" on how to avoid bottle caps; LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Be back soon; Son and I have permission Saturday to hit an area that once had a Hotel and Tavern on it from around 1895-1920! Never been hit and we have found things in the town before!!! Be safe everyone and have a great day digging!!!!! :hello:

Attachments

• credence1.jpg
    credence1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 97
  • credence2.jpg
    credence2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 84
  • credence3.jpg
    credence3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 79
  • credence4.jpg
    credence4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 11

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great grabs man! Love the story!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made mommy and daughter happy,, and then you made you happy.
Nicely done and congrats on some nice finds.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story brother, good to see yah got your daughters necklaces back....:icon_thumright:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I hear... Happy wife, happy life!

Glad to see that Deus is finding treasure. Can you share the "bottle cap hint" with me? I dig a lot of those rascals!

Good luck to you BM!

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, a guy in our club told me that if I was ever unsure about a bottle cap, hold my detector a little over a foot up off the ground and swing. If you still get the same signal, more than likely a bottle cap. Ive tested this theory a few times and it seems to hit bottle cap each time. Especially on a rolling or cycling tone.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That good deed ought to get you a little pass for more quality detecting time. :notworthy: Looks like you pulled 2 nice keepers, and who doesn't like to pull a pair of harmonica reeds?? :hello2:

cavdetect

Feb 18, 2013
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story with a happy ending for your daughter! It's amazing what we dads will do for our "princesses."

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I hear... Happy wife, happy life!

Glad to see that Deus is finding treasure. Can you share the "bottle cap hint" with me? I dig a lot of those rascals!

Good luck to you BM!

Actually sir, it was you who gave me the great advise.:laughing7: I saved a program I have been running and saved another one in the 4 mhz range right next to it. Get that high 95-96; hit the plus to change program and it stays the same (Bottle cap or rusted tin). Tried it with the other 90 signals and when the tone dropped with different numbers; it has been a coin every time!!! Thank you again!!!! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread