Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been saving for my first machine. I opted for an AT Pro because I'll be hunting fresh and saltwater shorelines, mountain meadows and high desert.

Ordered the detector and a few options from Keith at Fort Bedford because of his generous gift to the school that found the awesome bayonet.

Went to a nearby lake that has a sandy beach for a first hunt. Played in the sand for about 45 minutes. The aluminum foil was the first target followed by the blue foil wrapper piece then the cash. First coin ever is a 2010 Arizona Grand Canyon quarter.

I'm hooked! Wish I had more time today but I gotta go make a living. Doesn't appear that I can quit my day job any time soon.:BangHead:

Thanks to Keith for delivering exactly as promised and thanks to you all for being such an incredible group of people. First Hunt 018.JPG

Upvote 10

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first detector, your first hunt and your first coin! May much silver and gold find it's way under your coil!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first finds Detectorist Greastart! :occasion14:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great machine bought from a great guy.you will be completely addicted in no time.:laughing7:

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Keep in mind that gold shows up as aluminum sometimes. Dig em all!
Welcome to the madness!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say welcome to the addiction but it seems you'd been hooked for quite a while before getting your ATP. Take the time to learn it well.
It just might hold the ticket to an early retirement. ;)

HH!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A announce the 'a true detectorest ' Mr , Sir Greastart......You will find many treasures Digging Foil (as stated already), I assume the Bread Tie was an Eyeball Find (unless in All metal Mode).
Is that a 22 mag shell? look's like it , It;s all money to me as everything you have pictured I would Recycle.
Welcome to the addiction , It you need a Sponcer P.M. Me. LOL

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great start! Remember that digging foil means you are digging the same sounds that will net you rings.... so you have to dig them if you want the gold. :)

And thank you for your kind words - it was our pleasure to serve you!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup you are a detectorist now and well on your way to finding the treasure at the end of the rainbow that we all seek . Good start and good luck on your future finds

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny as Webster dictionary does not have this word listed nor does spell check . Detectorist - a person whose hobby is hunting for coins and treasure with a metal detector. So, there you go - You are one now!
I feel sorry for you, you are now officially a sick man!!!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT YOU FIND OR IF YOU WILL FIND ANYTHING . ITS THE QUALITY TIME YOU REAP FROM DETECTING THAT MATTERS .

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We all start somewhere. Good start but just remember you'll need numerous hours to learn a machine. It took me 50hrs to become competent on my T2 and more for my CTX.

Cheers and keep 'em coming!

Steve

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your digging the right signals for gold, and silver i would say your on the right track.....:icon_thumright:

S

stefen

[h=2]Does this make me a detectorist? [/h]

I also recall seeing a dude sitting on a fence rail wearing a cowboy hat and asked if he was a cowboy. He said no, he just found the hat.

That being said, there are many philosophical questions in life that can't be answered.

After you spend $15,000 on equipment, $40,000 on a 4X4, and $25,000 on a trailer, then do thre happy dance when you find a Indian Head penny...than ask the same question...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions