Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I haven't posted in awhile cause I just haven't found anything worth posting for months now. Cjon455 and I met up and headed north again today. Found a few things worth posting finally. Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444345054.273168.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444345090.752800.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444345119.923230.jpg

Upvote 26

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well! Now that is a super day! I'm glad you finally found something you figured "worthy of posting".
You've certainly been on a slow post mode for a long time! You deserve a "good" day. :notworthy:

(Guess I'll have to reconsider my bling&clad posts and just wait until I have something as "worthy". :dontknow: )

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunt, very nice LC and the scissors are interesting

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you getting out and finding some goodies to boot

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well! Now that is a super day! I'm glad you finally found something you figured "worthy of posting".
You've certainly been on a slow post mode for a long time! You deserve a "good" day. :notworthy:

(Guess I'll have to reconsider my bling&clad posts and just wait until I have something as "worthy". :dontknow: )

Like I said in my post, we each have our favorite things to post......

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! Nice finds, especially that LC!!! Still no ODs?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a sweet picture!
I am betting your F-75 nailed that copper?
:thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for your comments. All are greatly appreciated.

CoilFisher, yes I did find these with the F75. I was beginning to doubt the machine wanted to give me any finds other than zincolns and scrap metal lol. It is the first LC I have found with any machine other than the AT Pro.

Gary, my lack of posts just reflected my feeling that the things I had been finding would be of no benefit to anyone lol. I still remember how you were the first to take this old dog under his wing and teach him a new trick or two. I am forever grateful for that. The "journeymen" of our hobby have your own little niches on this forum and sometimes forget new people to the hobby need advice and answers to questions. You have always been quick to help the newcomer. Thank you!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great hunting day, that large cent is quite excellent! Also, you got to show cjon how it's done!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary, my lack of posts just reflected my feeling that the things I had been finding would be of no benefit to anyone lol. I still remember how you were the first to take this old dog under his wing and teach him a new trick or two. I am forever grateful for that. The "journeymen" of our hobby have your own little niches on this forum and sometimes forget new people to the hobby need advice and answers to questions. You have always been quick to help the newcomer. Thank you!

I really do not think I have anything "on the ball" any better than ANYONE else. I do try to help where I can but most of the time I just get more in the way. :) I remember that first day we hunted and I also remember you teaching me a thing or two also.

I try to represent a broader cross section of the detectorists. Most of us go out when we have time and can't waste that precious hour or two really looking for an ideal spot. Or let it depend too much on someone answering a door and saying, "SURE! Go ahead ! Dig up my yard!"

It's not that they don't want to have a really nice old spot, it's the time available. What tends to happen for most is that they need to opt for a newer place. A school, park, beach, field, etc. etc.

I enjoy an old coin coming out as well or even better than most. It's what I enjoy the most. But, I post just about everything I find. Hopefully to encourage those who seem to only find the clad, bling, etc. That way when something nice does show itself it gives hope that even I can find something "worthy" of showing. Even going to the local modern schoolhouse! LOL

You did well my friend! :thumbsup:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great hunting day, that large cent is quite excellent! Also, you got to show cjon how it's done!

:BangHead:

Lol, I'll get him next time, he sabatoged my machine, I found nails taped to the bottom of my coil lol

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful stuff, still waiting on a silver quarter and a large cent.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the beautiful coins you found Dave, they all look to be in amazing shape too! :occasion14:
I'd love to find an American LC one day, I thought there would've been more on the early sites I detect here in Ontario. :icon_scratch:
I've been on a dry spell of late too, been finding bits & pieces but nothing outstanding.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread