Surprising 45 minute hunt

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After sitting down with the family for dinner, I quickly ventured out before the sun set...and it sets quickly these days! I hit a school park, for the first time, that is basically right in my backyard. Ironically, with all the parks and locations I've prospected in and around my home town, I was just thinking today that I have yet to hit this elementary school. Big field, relatively old to the city. Well, it paid off. My first signal was the small chain icon you see below. Sterling. After a few clad coins, the night was creeping on fast. Last dig, good signal, and in the twilight I was able to spot the 1944 quarter in my hole. I couldn't make out much detail at the time, but when I got home...man, I have never seen a silver quarter so beat up. And I mean this piece was scratched, clawed, pot-marked, bent...you name it, this quarter had seen it. But as we say -- it's silver!

Happy hunting all!

DSC07104.JPG DSC07107.JPG DSC07108.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that silver quarter. :occasion14: Seems like you have a promising site that should contain more goodies.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really beat up, but it's still silver. Thanks for letting us see them, soon they will be on the endangered list......

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! That 44 just has a little extra character! lol id take it any day! It always seems when short on time the finds start to show! Nice hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread