Had a weird feeling today.

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out hunting on a soccer/football field I basically cleaned out a few years ago. I hunted there 6 days a week for 3 months. It's surrounded by a dirt track. I never really hunted the track.
Until today, I was kneeling down on the grass about three feet in from the track when something behind me said psst psst there's gold in the track. I'm kneeling with my head turned behind me looking at a spot in the track and it was calling to me. There was a washed out spot in the track and I was staring at it. I ignored the feeling for about 50 feet on the grass then I doubled back to that spot. I found about 4 items then BEEP BEEP. Was loud and I thought it was trash.
Out popped this chunky mans gold ring with a diamond in the middle.

I don't really think I'm psychic or anything. But this has happened to me before. I think it was just a coincidence. Was fun. =)

I just remembered something. Today would have been my moms 83rd birthday. Maybe it was her going psst psst. Thanks Mom!

Oh, This is ring #107 on the year. 18th gold. All on land.

Attachments

• chunky 001.jpg
    chunky 001.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 657
  • chunky 002.jpg
    chunky 002.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 646
  • chunky 004.jpg
    chunky 004.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
Upvote 20

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real beautiful ring my mom must still be in processing to heaven she'll be ring whispering soon I hope .Well done

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I have had that happen more than once.
Like an internal dousing rod. I am not sure if it is just the memory sticks of what you were thinking before you dig or what? Don't know.
You know who I think has the best one of those is pl8man. I think he has some built-in TX and RX coil wire in his body. LOL.
I mean some of his posts-like hunting with a guy named Kevin and finding a Kevin's name in gold.
And, he is always scoring keepers.

NICE RING!!!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Fix

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I have had that happen more than once.
Like an internal dousing rod. I am not sure if it is just the memory sticks of what you were thinking before you dig or what? Don't know.
You know who I think has the best one of those is pl8man. I think he has some built-in TX and RX coil wire in his body. LOL.
I mean some of his posts-like hunting with a guy named Kevin and finding a Kevin's name in gold.
And, he is always scoring keepers.

NICE RING!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah I hear he's the ring king. Finds more stuff than anybody. I've seen his posts where he finds 15 dollars in two hours. I'm thinking his wife reads this site and it's really 5 hours but he doesn't want her knowing how long he's been out. :laughing7:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mothers know best even if there with the angles.. Nice chunk of gold.

OP
OP
Fix

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found with Sov ?

Yes AARC. I only use the Sovereign. I bought the Deep Tech last year and used it for three months. It's been standing in the corner ever since. It's super sensitive. It's not a beginner's machine that's for sure. It does however pick up the gold chains my Sovereign can't hear. I'd be happy to sell the Deep Tech.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yuppers. That's how i like to hunt. when im driving around town doing recon for my digging if one of those place calls my name i am on it. i have always found something good on the first calling. great find.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your mom for sure, just to let you know she is still looking over you. Beautiful ring and memory.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic find. And oh those "feelings" and "voices".

I've written many times here about what I call
"that little voice" or intuition.

It doesn't speak to me often and it's always spontaneous but it ALWAYS leads me to great finds; some of my very best as a matter of fact. I never ignore it because it never lies to me.

It told me to hit near a long gone pitchers mound on an old ball field and although I had hunted that spot at least 10 times, I dug a nice deep old gold ring that barely registered on my machine. There have been other great finds as well; including a beautiful old Liberty Cap LC and a HUGE 10K man's ring. I found five rings that day in about an hour all because I obeyed that "voice" and followed my intuition.

It's so great when it shows up. I just wish I could call it up at will but it doesn't work that way for me.
Congrats to you for obeying it and on that amazing ring.

Intuition is a great thing in this hobby. I call it my best friend and always keep myself open to hear it. Oh and btw, there is no such thing as coincidence imo. That's just a term created by those who just can't believe in anything they can't see or touch.

Many congrats. She's a beauty. And happy Birthday to your Mom wherever she may be. It looks like she enjoys watching you enjoy your hobby.

I left a funeral yesterday of one of my most awesome cousins and immediately found a silver Rosie in a field I've hunted a million times with zero silver coinage. It was my very first hit and find of the hunt. I actually posted that he probably led me to it.

So; I totally believe that your Mom told you where to go (in a good way of course). She's lettin' you know she still has an eye on you.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah, one more point.

I also "doubled back" one evening when the voice kicked in just as you did this time.
I got the hit and it was bouncing all over the place; a "trash" signal.

I walked about ten steps and that little voice told me to go back and take a closer look at that one. I almost never do that but the voice was strong and clear so I immediately did.

Although the signal was still bouncing from the mid 40's to the 90's, I dug it anyway. Looking up at me from the hole was a beautiful 14K cluster ring with 12 tiny diamonds and 4 sapphires. It's one of the nicest gold rings in my collection.

Ring # 18 GOLD 002.JPG

Had I ignored the voice and convinced myself that the bouncy signal "had to be trash" I would have left that one in the ground.
I'm always happy to read about someone else in this hobby who has had similar experiences. Plus, posting about it may convince others to pay a little closer attention when their intuition speaks to them.

Also, the voice isn't limited to hunting treasure. It can and does speak about many things in life.
We should all be aware, listen and reap the benefit from it.

Last edited:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome! Great story and one heck of a gold ring!
TFS and HH
-UP

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that is one great feeling! Congratulations on the gold find.

OP
OP
Fix

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic find. And oh those "feelings" and "voices".

I've written many times here about what I call
"that little voice" or intuition.

It doesn't speak to me often and it's always spontaneous but it ALWAYS leads me to great finds; some of my very best as a matter of fact. I never ignore it because it never lies to me.

Thanks for the great reply Garrett. It's the same with me. I don't get the feeling often but when I do it never lets me down. Earlier this year I got the most overwhelming feeling I'd ever had. It was saying there's a gold ring near you. About 12 feet later I had a Class ring in my hand.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the great reply Garrett. It's the same with me. I don't get the feeling often but when I do it never lets me down. Earlier this year I got the most overwhelming feeling I'd ever had. It was saying there's a gold ring near you. About 12 feet later I had a Class ring in my hand.

That's interesting. That story I told about the pitchers mound also led me to a 10K class ring. I can't tell you how many times I had swung over that very spot in the past.
At that moment the conditions were just right.

It's almost like the gold is crying out from the ground to be brought back into the light.
Hey, stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with ya..I always follow my gut.I actually went back to a trash signal an hour later and popped a 10k mens signet ring.I had to sit there for a few a think about what just happened,was cool.great find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread