Death Mask of Tutankhamen and other treasures, original stuff

Burjuwasi

Oct 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found these treasure buried in Somalia, which was under the Pharaoh kingdom long time ago,
so are these worth any thing, are there many ancient.
i know the original mask is in Egypt, but this one is was also made centuries ago,
i am confused,
can somebody please tell what they are worth?
mask.jpg mask2.jpg egypt3.jpg egypt2.jpg

Upvote 0

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
375,000 Deben, adjusted for inflation. Just joking. Welcome to T-net and good luck

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to guess that the Tut mask is mid 1920's at the earliest (After Christ ) At which point this imagery of the funerial mask
was one of the most well known images from antiquity worldwide after the discovery of same in 1923 I think . The beads (amber
or copal ?) hard to tell when they may have been fabricated . Nice finds !

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it appears that the mask is plaster of paris,ceramic,pottery or the like.not buried long for sure as paint is intact and there is no soil or sand staining where chipped..sword also looks WAY to modern to be ancient.Even the beads are strung on a thin wire showing little or no real age.Just my guess looking at pics but there you have it,modern tourist pieces

this one similar.a paperweight
11590288-Small-statue-of-egyptian-pharaoh-Tutankhamun-front-view-over-a-papyrus-paper-background.jpg ...and yours.. mask.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burjuwasi

Oct 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to guess that the Tut mask is mid 1920's at the earliest (After Christ ) At which point this imagery of the funerial mask
was one of the most well known images from antiquity worldwide after the discovery of same in 1923 I think . The beads (amber
or copal ?) hard to tell when they may have been fabricated . Nice finds !

Thanks for the valuable info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread