Farm field and School field today

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a local farm field today to find an old horse shoe, other farming implements, a still loaded 20 gauge no.8 shotgun shell, an old Remington Nitro Club shotgun shell head circa early 1900s, (2) 32 caliber pistol shells, and an old aluminum arrow end with a field point still attached. Then hit a local school field on the way home to find a SCHAPER Stomper Chevy S-10 toy truck along with 2 quarters, 5 dimes, 1 nickel, and 10 pennies (earliest date on all 1965). 001.JPG 003.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 4

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yellow shotgun shells are generally 20 gauge and 16s are blue, though 12s can be red, green or silver. The color codes are so you don't drop a shell into a larger gauge gun. They will slide through the chamber and lodge in the barrel, just far enough to load in a proper size. The results are not good for the shooter's health!:sadsmiley:

Nice finds though.

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an avid hunter I should of caught that KeyaPaha. My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out - I have corrected my posting.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out and swinging the coil. Field hunting is a different type of hunting, I have field hunted 4 times and have only dug a 1964D penny when it comes to coins.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MOSHER NICE NEW TRUCK PURCHASE YOU HAVE THERE .

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have found my oldest coin, a King George III 1/2 penny, my only Large Cent (1838), a Standing Liberty quarter, and several old wheat cents in the local farm fields here. A lot of time and swinging the metal detector to do so. Worth every swing as far as I am concerned as I am sure you would agree Loco-Digger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread