Well call him King Friday XIII

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
We'll call him King Friday XIII

Back to the silver mine this morning for a fourth visit. Only one silver today, a 42 Merc, but it is the 13th silver and 5th Merc at this homestead. Some consider 13 to be unlucky; King Friday didn't and to me it is merely the number between 12 and 14. Now if this turns out to be the last one... :( I'm not posting a picture today; King Friday hates to be photographed alone.

Upvote 0

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Re: We'll call him King Friday

Being from Pa. originally the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was King Friday the 13th from one of my favorite children's shows. ;D

Congrats on the 13th silver and a merc no less. ;D (by far one of the nicest coins.)

DD

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

HalfDime!
There's something in the air; I found a 1943 Merc this morning along with about a jillion pull tabs! :)
Now, show us some pics dude!

GRB

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

diggitdoggie said:
Being from Pa. originally the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was King Friday the 13th from one of my favorite children's shows. ;D

Congrats on the 13th silver and a merc no less. ;D (by far one of the nicest coins.)

DD
Of course, this Mercury was named in honor of the late, great Fred Rogers!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Good deal. That's a good number of silver from one site. What is the size of the lot? Were the coins scattered about?

Bob

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Mirage said:
Good deal. That's a good number of silver from one site. What is the size of the lot? Were the coins scattered about?

Bob
I'll estimate 60 x 150, and so far I've done mostly the front yard. This appears to have been the most active area, but we'll see. I also did the clothesline in back, which yielded four silver dimes. Much of what remains is unshaded, with shale close to the surface; with the heat we've had, and lack of rain, I may have to suspend operations there. The man who got me permission there has three other permitted sites for me, though ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Long live King Merc!
Great job Halfdime. I can't wait to find another Merc. I've only found two so far.
Sounds like a great spot you have.
Congrats,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread