🥇 BANNER REV WAR British 31st ROF Grenadiers Cartridge Box Plate!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REV WAR British 31st Grenadiers Cartridge Box Plate....UPDATE

Always dreamt I would find one of these. After about an hour, at the first virgin hole in over a year, me and my brother in law had some luck. Hits were everywhere. A toasted Draped Bust LC, a 1848 LC, buttons and .....THE PRIZE! I knew right away what I had, just couldn't believe my eyes. As I flipped out and screamed to Rich to get over to me, he said....."Ya got silver?" Nope....."Ya got Gold?" Nope......BETTER!!! Then I noticed the 31. There were a lot of prisoners from the 31st taken at Saratoga. Looked for about 15mins for the "GR" with the pin pointer but couldn't locate any of it. FINALLY!!!! After 2 years I have something decent to post! Definitely going back. What a day. Enjoy Hogge Update: I guess it's ok to blat it out now............Made W&E Treasures Magazine Best Finds of 2015. Second time for me. Made it back in 2009, with my Rev War Royal Artillery Belt tip from 2008. They told me last week. Did anyone else find out they made it?? Hogge

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 649
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 505
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 645
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 475
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Upvote 64

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
My Bad.....as I stated. BUT!..............IN MY OPINION.......< and we all have one> I see it as "cry baby" stuff! I'll leave it at that. If he doesn't want his name in an open forum, he shouldn't be a member.

Todd, You just don't get it. Nothing to do with mentioning someone's name on the forum . You used my name as a potential buyer after seeing if I was interested to promote your sale . That's hugely unethical IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a system in our country called free enterprise. I was merely answering a previous posters question. I want the best price for my relic. So if someone says...well I really don't want or need it, but I'll take it off your hands for half of what I think it's actually worth, maybe in your mind "that's business". But if someone, who owns the relic, shops around for the best price, that would be untrustworthy, or unethical? How does that work. It was a mistake, on my part, to contact you in the first place. Don't have to worry about that again. It's really only unethical in your mind, because I posted that you were interested in it. You got WAY too much time on your hands. You may think you're someone special, but I don't!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that you guys are able to work this out. Perhaps through PM's. Anyways, Todd, great find and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a buyer at your price. Don, thank you for the time and effort you've put in to provide such amazing reference material with your books.

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
We have a system in our country called free enterprise. I was merely answering a previous posters question. I want the best price for my relic. So if someone says...well I really don't want or need it, but I'll take it off your hands for half of what I think it's actually worth, maybe in your mind "that's business". But if someone, who owns the relic, shops around for the best price, that would be untrustworthy, or unethical? How does that work. It was a mistake, on my part, to contact you in the first place. Don't have to worry about that again. It's really only unethical in your mind, because I posted that you were interested in it. You got WAY too much time on your hands. You may think you're someone special, but I don't!

Has nothing to do with shopping around or anything else you mention and you know it. BTW you seemed to think I was pretty "special " when using my name as interested party to promote your sale. Don't bother me again.

Last edited:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow dude speechless.:headbang:
It is a great feeling to find a rare piece of Rev War history..
You will carry that high for the year:cool:

~Blaze~

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done my man! I always dreamt of finding a great piece like that! I'm in Astoria Or. so won't see any nice "goodies" like that again!...

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
CONGRATS HOGGE on an AWESOME FIND and Banner, can't wait to see what else you guys pull out of there :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS HOGGE on an AWESOME FIND and Banner, can't wait to see what else you guys pull out of there :thumbsup:
Went back up yesterday. Few more buttons. Couldn't locate the "GR". BUMMER! Some kind of British presence there as DigginitRTB located an 1825-27 gold gilt Royal Navy button. More spots up there we have to hit. Hogge

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Submitted to W&E Magazine for "Best Finds" today. We'll see what they say. Hopefully it makes it. Thanks for all the kind words and support from T-Net members! "The Hogge"

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: I guess it's ok to "Blat" it out now....... Found out last week I made W&E TREASURES MAGAZINE Best Finds of 2015. Second time for me. Made it back in 2009 with the Rev War Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Belt Tip I found in 2008. Anyone else find out they made it?? Hogge

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many congrats to you hogge, what an honor that must be..and for a second time? You obviously deserve the recognition.

I missed this whole post (and so many others) due to my lengthy absence and I'm sorry I did. This right here is what it's all about!

I shutter to think what would have been done with such an amazing piece of history if found by those of us who haven't done our duty in learning everything we can about the history we may encounter while digging in order to ensure its absolute preservation.

Much respect to you sir.

Birky

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOVE IT; I JUST LOVE IT.

Top Member Reactions