🥇 BANNER 1700s gold broach, Kings American Dragoons Rosette and other great finds

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700's gold broach, Kings American Dragoons Rosette and other great finds

Well managed to get the household chores done and got away detecting for a full day…most of the morning was a bust with some research that just didn't pan out, so we go to a good back up field that we wanted to try for some time now. The site started off great with first signal being this Brass Bridal Rosette from the King's American Dragoons, a Loyalist Calvary corp that formed in New York, 1781-1782. then finds were just random drops so we go to a great looking new site and I popped out early signs with pewter spoons pieces and bowl…then what is a hunt without finding another trade axe and a half of one. I then get this pull tab or small lead sound on the machine and sure glad I dug it… a very early 1700's gold broach weighing in at 4 grams, this was from an early french site which also produced this cufflink with silver back glass front with gold inside, I think Iron Patch has more info on it… then out popped a Geo I and Geo II coins…there were 15 early coins popped out today with none being silver…just waiting for next time out…Lots of buttons but no further military ones… also managed a harmonica with wood still inside, jack knife and crushed sheep bell…

Attachments

• Dragoon.jpg
    Dragoon.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,661
  • broach.jpg
    broach.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 634
  • 4 grams.jpg
    4 grams.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 3,540
  • cuff.jpg
    cuff.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3,522
  • Geo 1.jpg
    Geo 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,398
  • Geo II.jpg
    Geo II.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 3,515
  • 25Oct2015.jpg
    25Oct2015.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 61

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Competition! I love it!!!!
I hope you both pull up banner finds.....again!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread