Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out to the local lake beach I've been practicing on. Took a buddy that told me he MDs too after I told him of my new addiction. He uses a White's DFX.

We met just before sunrise and hit the beach. Didn't take too long before I got a 91 at about 6" deep. Had the AT set to coins in the "pro" mode. The tone was high but sounded a little scratchy, like foil. Here's what came up. First bling.
First Bling 015.JPG First Bling 019.JPG I think it's silver plated. My buddy was pretty sure, but I don't wanna be cocky and say it is for sure until I know.

About 15 minutes later, I got this one. I think it's a kid's cheap pendant, but it looks like maybe it might be silver. I'll have a jewler friend check it out. No markings either side.
First Bling 001.JPG First Bling 002.JPG

Then, a couple of zincolns and a whole bunch of trash.

About 3 hours in I got another first! Best find so far!
First Bling 004.JPG First Bling 005.JPG
Triton brand Tungsten/Carbon Fiber mens ring. Has a date and an inscription. Should be fairly easy to return, we'll see.

My buddy, I'll call him "The Lockman" did pretty good too. Some clad, a small pendant, and a whole bunch of trash.
First Bling 009.JPG First Bling 010.JPG

We had a good morning hunt. I'm definitely hooked! First Bling 014.JPG

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting

Grease

Attachments

• First Bling 006.JPG
    First Bling 006.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 4

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bet it was nice to hunt with a buddy. Looks like you killed it today.:hello: Love the ring, good luck on the return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread