digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
So I'm at work thinking of all you with your bucket lists. (ya I know, "You know your an addict when your thinking about MDing at work:hello2:). Being a relative newbie at this, I figured I better start on a bucket list. Came up with a few broad subjects like, an 1800's coin, Silver, and of course gold.

Went out in the yard when I got home, and started slingin'. Working the sides of the sidewalk, and the AT PRO just about blows my eardrums. Target 8 inches. I'm a diggin' and what do I find. 1891 IH. Didn't know it at the time because all I could see was the wheat on the back. Date side completely roached. I know it's a bad thing to clean them, but it would alway's bother me to not know what the heck it is. So I put it in my pouch and continued for a while. A couple of other finds. 1933 Dodge Ram hood ornament. It's missing the horns and the rest of back legs. A cool button which I believe came off a uniform for maybe a marching band from the old Grade school that used to be in town. I checked local library and saw old pictures of the band. Just a guess. Cool button. Then I found a token from a town not far away. That's 2 different tokens from my yard, from 2 different towns.

That's enough, got to see if I can do something with the coin. Went inside and tried the rubbing coin in baking soda. And low and behold there it was. Swipe one off the bucket list. 2nd IH in 2 weeks. Other one a 1903, found on other side of sidewalk.

Just a side note. Just got the AT PRO, and I've got to say from a beginners standpoint, that thing is awesome. Especially the way it seperates targets, and you can check with the iron audio. No doubt about it when you hit a coin. Well maybe not cause it sounds just like aluminum. But you have to dig that sound.

I'm officially addicted.....Help meeeeeeeee:BangHead:

Attachments

• DSCF0541.JPG
    DSCF0541.JPG
    900.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF0540.JPG
    DSCF0540.JPG
    899.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0542.JPG
    DSCF0542.JPG
    762.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF0543.JPG
    DSCF0543.JPG
    921.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF0544.JPG
    DSCF0544.JPG
    918.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0545.JPG
    DSCF0545.JPG
    821.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF0547.JPG
    DSCF0547.JPG
    842.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF0548.JPG
    DSCF0548.JPG
    918.8 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 12

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, and a big Congrats! I think you might be surprised by your button find................. I have a friend that found a very similar, if not exactly the same one and it is a musicians button from the Civil War!! I hope this is what it turns out to be, google it and let us know. Nice Indian but I think the button is your Prize! Congrats

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on checking the IHP off the list. :occasion14: The IHP cleaned up nicely and has some good detail. I have found 2 similar buttons here in Ohio, Mine came from band uniforms.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy this time of first discoveries, it's exciting! I remember my first Indian Head cent, my mind was blown, I was on top of the world haha. Congrats on your finds.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I've been doing this for 2 years and my bucket list is: EVERYTHING I HAVEN'T FOUND YET! The bucket list to last a lifetime.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you don't know what roached really is, as that indian looks like it never touched dirt. AND hey before anyone gets offended, I'm not suggesting it wasn't found, just don't look like a "typical" found in dirt copper coin. (thats at least 100 years old)

As far as bucket lists, I like to have a "top ten wish list" which gets refreshed / renewed after each year. The stuff on my list seems quite lofty, but after 8-9 years I have crossed off a quite a bit of stuff.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOKS LIKE A MACK TRUCK BULLDOG AND MAN WHAT A NICE BUTTON AND INJUN FIND ....

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I was pretty surprised at how the IH cleaned up. The date side looked like a blank when I pulled it out of the ground. I try not to wipe them right away as I heard that was a nono. My 1903 didn't clean up that good.
I thought the hood ornament was a dog originally, but after looking it up through 100's of images, I'm pretty sure it was a Ram.
Civil War Button! Are ya kidding me. That would be awesome. Start the researching.
Thanks all and hope it stops raining. HH

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some cool finds,,
At first,, The Bucket List is: First Silver coin, First silver ring, First gold ring, etc
Then it is,, First half dollar, First seated coin, First Indian Head Penny, etc
The Bucket list goes on and on unless you "Kick The Bucket",, lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make your bucket list and then make your Dream List. If you don't dare to dream big it will never happen. Finding one of those incredible items is a feeling that's hard to explain. Great looking ih and that button is very nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions