Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thursday's hunt in B'more brought up some firsts for me. First Large Cent and mini-ball in this park and the 12th IHP, 8 wheats in all today, some old jewelry pieces, a medallion and clay marble. LC.jpg Mini ball and musketball.jpg old pennies.jpg jewelry.jpg medallion and clay marble.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling those keepers in a couple hunts. :occasion14: Love the LC, toasted or not and IHPs are always nice to see in the hole.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome cent trifecta!, keep going I'm sure more oldies are hiding just waiting to be plucked

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ! Looks like a good ole site to hunt :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Diggging440,

The site was open land at the time of the Civil War. The fact that there was a Union encampment nearby may account for the mini-ball. It is interesting that that makes the fifth or sixth bullet of any type that I pulled from that immediate area.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks cjon,

The F75 with the NEL Tornado appears to be reaching deeper. That being said, these signal are faint. Reproducible, but weak. Perhaps with Gray Ghost head phones they'd be better heard.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks L-D,

I had been out for about 4 hours and had not found an Indian, and was hoping the "next" signal would be it. I was working an arbitrary line to a tree and was turning up good target after good target. That's when the Indian was found.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Casper,

As usual, going slow was the answer.
Patience, Young Skywalker.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on an awesome hunt!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks CC,

I see you use the F75LE among others. The settings I use are sens: 90, disc: 12, tones: 3, program: default, and auto ground balance. Any suggestions?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the LC! My first one came from a public park (old house was there prior)... and was barely IDable... but an LC none the less!

Congrats on all of the nice stuff! GL!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I only use sensitivity of 30. I saw a video where a guy had a long standing test garden and was still hitting dimes at 8" on sensitivity 0. At 30, I get no chatter (I don't have the upgraded version).
Most of the time I discriminate out iron and foil, so disc at 25, I think. I understand the argument about small gold in the foil range, I just don't care, I'm fine missing those items.
I use 3 tone as well.
I use default program most of the time. In newer parks and soccer fields, I tend to use jewelry mode.

These are my common settings. I actually decide at each location how I'm going to run my machine based on the type area I'm going to search and how old it dates.

My only suggestion is that you dig any clean tone when the VDI doesn't move, regardless of the number it shows.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks CT,

Your find was there because of an old house. I can explain the mini-ball from the days of the Union encampment here, and, perhaps that would also explain the LC.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Capt., I did see a video where it was demonstrated that little depth is lost with the F75 down to sens: 70. I should try it lower and see if the diminished response from surface trash makes a difference. The area I'm detecting now has been used from Civil War times. So I've found 1800s buttons, the LC, numerous Indian head pennies, wheats to modern coins there. I judge the area to not much more than a half acre.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread