Silver streak resumes at fabulous farm

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I spent the morning at the house that has yielded 13 silvers and got skunked again; my best finds there were this 27 wheat and the taunting Sunoco car coin. I assumed that would be the extent of my hunting for the day, but a phone call this afternoon opened up another opportunity.
A few weeks ago, I looked at a collection of coins found in a safe deposit box; this included a 1795 Flowing Hair dollar. The woman who had the coins told me that her mother had left an old farm a few miles away, and when she asked about paying me for looking at the coins I asked merely for permission to search the farm. She called today to give me the go ahead on searching the farm, which is quite old and extremely overgrown.
I quickly wrapped up what I was doing and herded the kids into the truck for an afternoon of prospecting. While the kids were gathering golf balls (the farm is close to a golf course), I was finding my way around the place. This place is really overgrown, with small patches of grass meandering around the house. In these small areas, I managed to pull a 44 Merc and 54 Rosey, along with six common wheats and some clad. I also found a bracelet, which I thought at first to be silver, but I can't find any identifying marks on it. The bracelet came out of the ground the color of silver, but my photo to website transfer skills are lacking and I don't think a scan will do it justice. If I can someday hunt after all the vegetation dies back, say November or December, I think the old silver will come out. Based on the condition of these two coins, they will be very pretty ;D. The little piece in the picture is a pin from the Statue of Liberty.

Attachments

• may31 (2).jpg
    may31 (2).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,230
Upvote 0

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Nice finds, congrats.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Silver streak resumes at fabulous farm - bracelet picture added

cooter9761 said:
Mr. French!
No, but my brother started his Air Force career in Merced, so you get half a point ;D And while I'm at it, I'll try to add a picture of the bracelet I mentioned at the top of this thread.

Attachments

• bracelet (2).jpg
    bracelet (2).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,101
  • bracelet2 (2).jpg
    bracelet2 (2).jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,105

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Very nice finds...looks like you have another new place to hunt, congrats. :D

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
WTG neat finds!!!
the bracelet looks like the ones made by the indians in Arizona.

HH
Joe

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
really nice finds,hope you find a lot there.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
MEinWV said:
Kinda looks like U.S. Grant, except for the stroker cap.

Handmade silver bracelet........

...HH
Not Grant, or any U.S. president.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal on the new place. Looks like you are going to catch up to me with your silver count. I better get out there. ;D

The merc looks to be a fine one. Also that braclet is sweet.

Those Sunoco Tokens - they do have a way of taunting us! :D

Bob

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I just snapped the bracelet almost in half, so I doubt that it's silver. I assume that silver is more ductile, and would bend before it would break. I was trying it on my daughter's wrist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread