Rare Coin!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Found this strange "coin like" object with the Deleon at 6 inches! Ok so it is not a coin but I do think it is one of my more interesting finds. The hub cab center was at 6 inches the hub cab was below it and then when I got the hubcap out of the ground the wrench, screwdriver and jack handle where under it. The back of the fan motor was about 4 feet away and the other item I believe is a medallion that goes around a door knob. And Yes magnets will stick to every one of the pieces!!! Why did I dig it? My moto is "Dig Everything" and I was in a field where no one would care if I made a BIG hole! I did fill the hole in by going over to a gravel parking lot nearby and getting enough gravel to make up the difference of missed mass from the hole. Hope your finds are better than mine.

Attachments

• strangecoin.JPG
    strangecoin.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 698
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That a very rare 1954 Hudson Hornet hubcap. Very collectable and worth $700.

No, not really.

I had a hit out on a stretch of meadow at home that was a doozer. It overloaded the detector and, on lifting my coil, I got to about 16" above the ground and it was still responding! Turned out to be a 10" aluminum pie plate about 2" deep. Folks hereabouts often hang them around gardens to scare off deer and birds and I figure this was an escapee.

Digging everything is a good policy. Especially with a new detector. I keep a pencil and notepad in my finds pouch to jot down my settings and notable findings as an aid in learning how my detectors respond to various targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions