I finally founds something from my finds bucket list :)

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all hope your all well and getting plenty of detecting time in!

I managed to squeeze a 2 hour detecting session in yesterday on my pasture permission with the XP adx250 and it certainly was a good 2 hours spent.

I used the ADX in d2 with discrimination set right around to the left and sensitivity set to 3 o'clock. I dug any signal that have a two way unbroken tone.

I finally managed to get my first army cap badge, it is from the artillery division and is in mint condition, so pleased with it.

Also I managed to find a really tiny, thin and delicate religious pendant which I believe has Mary on it. This came from a depth of around 7-8 inches so I'm very happy with the performance of the XP and feel I won't be missing much with it.

I really hope you enjoy the video and if you do please hit the thumbs up button and subscribe.

https://youtu.be/FSPANbUlWRM

Happy hunting all!

Upvote 5

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first coin looks to be an 1806/07 Halfpenny.
The Royal Artillery Capbadge is at least complete but one of the most common types.
The early 1800s Button with Thread does make a plain button better, good find.

What I will say, is don't get in the habit of just digging good two-ways, many of my very best finds were iffy signals.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first coin looks to be an 1806/07 Halfpenny.
The Royal Artillery Capbadge is at least complete but one of the most common types.
The early 1800s Button with Thread does make a plain button better, good find.

What I will say, is don't get in the habit of just digging good two-ways, many of my very best finds were iffy signals.

Thanks for the info crusader, the button is a lot older than I thought then, as you say the cap badge is quite common but it is something I have wanted to find for a long while after seeing many on the forums

Andy

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info crusader, the button is a lot older than I thought then, as you say the cap badge is quite common but it is something I have wanted to find for a long while after seeing many on the forums

Andy

It's all about finding firsts & things you like. So in a way it has nothing to do with rarity, although for me its what I looking for. Like I said you got condition on your first & the slider fitment on the reverse is normally the first to break & then its the crown on the top.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh your completely right mate :)

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the vid Bainsey! Congrats on a great hunt

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bainsey ol chap. Great video as all of yours are. Funny thing is I started watching it and my old lady got up off the couch and went to bed when she saw it. Said something like I'm obsessed with detecting or what not. Anyway...congrats with the hat pin. It's a real beauty!

Steve

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I WANT THAT CAP BADGE . DANG WHAT A SWEET FIND INDEED.. VIDEO WAS VERY COOL AND WITH SOME GREAT FINDS .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread