Copper trail turns into copper trial

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I spent the last couple of days with Iron Patch and Rick(NS) "trying" to find a path back to the copper trail, somehow we got parked on the side of the road.

It wasn't easy but we had a couple of great days weather wise and good luck with fields that were available. We tried a couple of old favourite sites and that proved that some those great old sites that used to produce a ton have given up just about everything, but again I was able to get a signal or two that were keepers but it certainly wasn't enough to make a day of detecting out of it, just random hits to say you were there.
The brighter side was we did find a couple of new sites and boosted hopes for our next hunt. Finds seemed promising ,so we will find the onramp back to the copper trial, we just have to get out of this reststop.

My finds included a couple of coins, another modern silver, and buttons!
Relics were sparse, suspender buckle, bell, and a religious medal. My buttons on the other hand were the winners for me. First was a very small 1812 era artillery button, (only 11 mm )a new one for my collection, a French marines button in ok shape, and a pretty toasted RP button to round out the military side.
Civilian buttons were nice as well, topping the list was a nice engraved domed tombac button, my nicest one like that for sure!; also a big "P" button, I think someone suggested here on this form that these were considered a police uniform button, either way it will replace the other one I had years ago that got sold; and a designed two-piece.

Time is a valuable thing these days, and our season is in jeopardy soon as winter arrives, but until then we're going to hit it again!
We are due for a great site and the finds will come!

Attachments

• rtrel.JPG
    rtrel.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 159
  • rtcoins.JPG
    rtcoins.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 148
  • rtbutt.JPG
    rtbutt.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 148
  • rttom.JPG
    rttom.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 149
  • rtart.JPG
    rtart.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 148
  • rtrp.JPG
    rtrp.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 12

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds! I'm really liking those buttons, and the suspended clip is a beauty. Be sure to give that RP button lots of love - it's a great one

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tudor rose tombac is the pick of the litter there! Nice finds!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Great finds! I'm really liking those buttons, and the suspended clip is a beauty. Be sure to give that RP button lots of love - it's a great one

I got three this year already, more than I'm used to seeing in a season, but our area is prime and I should have more to deal with if I play my cards right!

Mathurin

Dec 16, 2014
Vieille Capitale
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt with the tudor button and the P one is beautiful too in that condition.
what is the clipped copper ?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great considering how it went, and that I don't even have a post! The tombac is definitely the winner, and unlike mine there ain't know doubt about your RP. That makes three locations giving up multiples so I like the chances we're going to find one or two more hot spots! :headbang: Well hopefully it's any other Rev button other than the RP next time. It was hard getting fired up when there was no solid plan, but for the next time I think it looks pretty good.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You did great considering how it went, and that I don't even have a post! The tombac is definitely the winner, and unlike mine there ain't know doubt about your RP. That makes three locations giving up multiples so I like the chances we're going to find one or two more hot spots! :headbang: Well hopefully it's any other Rev button other than the RP next time. It was hard getting fired up when there was no solid plan, but for the next time I think it looks pretty good.

Potential
I'd rather have that than a post
But to have both now you got something!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, that would be my best Rose Tombac as well - very nice looking!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potential
I'd rather have that than a post
But to have both now you got something!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed

I'm doing a Fall reset. Going into the final stretch I need a pre 1800s silver coin and early military button I have not done before. Without question both of those things are on that river to find!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Yeap, that would be my best Rose Tombac as well - very nice looking!

The rose design has so many variations on buttons, I'm impressed by the the number I've seen posted over the years and to think I've never seen too many alike
it's great to have a different variation in nice shape

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rose tomabc is my favorite too.
Hindsight being 20-20 I think we should have stayed on that site (where you got the tomabc) for a bit longer, at least that seemed where I was getting the most targets.
Just got in had a java, may post after I get the dirtyville dirt off.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup that rose button is the icing on the cake for sure...Perfect condition! You're season isn't done yet!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice button it really pops out on the page, a keeper for sure.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
The rose tomabc is my favorite too.
Hindsight being 20-20 I think we should have stayed on that site (where you got the tomabc) for a bit longer, at least that seemed where I was getting the most targets.
Just got in had a java, may post after I get the dirtyville dirt off.

I can't see us going back that way anytime real soon, any remaining targets will be waiting for us

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of time left to make you jealous of our finds this fall; however catching up to your guys finds this fall will be very difficult

I think we needed this past weekend to point us in the right direction.... right to the same river we should have stayed on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread