"Dear" Season Opened This Weekend in Missouri,...I Bagged Two of Them!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's correct, I "bagged" two rings that are now "dear" to me. I detected five different schoolyards in a local city yesterday and today. I found the sterling silver "Gordian Knot?" style of ring yesterday, in the grass alongside of a paved basketball court. It is marked .925 and rang up a 81 VDI at two inches on the ATPro. (Same as a clad dime.) This one weighed in at 2.8 grams.

Today, I went to a different school and hit the soccer field. I always start at the goal boxes. Right smack-dab in the center of one of the goal boxes, directly under the top pole, I got a solid, repeatable 60 at two inches on the ATPro. I then saw a large, white metal band that I first thought was a piece of chrome plumbing piping or a bike part. When I picked it up I learned that it was heavy, and upon inspection, discovered that it was a hefty white gold ring, marked inside: "Para Sempre," which is Portuguese for "Forever." The ring was also marked, "14K" with an artistic "S" hallmark. It weighed in at 11.9 grams!:hello2: This one is probably a womans lost wedding band, based on the engraving and construction. This is the first gold for me in over 6 months, yay!

I also found four other kids rings, and a mixed bag of goodies including a toy compass, an Elvis Presley bottle opener, a Batman "bat light" that works, two keys, a French 1973 franc, a cut-out Lincoln cent with a cross inside, three bling pendants, a 2011 Springfield Cardinals token, Cub Scout neckerchief slide, small padlock, and a battered brass locket. I rounded out the hunts with over $20.00 in clad for charity.

Thank you for looking. I will be resting most of next week after a cataract surgery on Tuesday. Looking forward (fingers crossed) to 20/20 vision for the first time in my life. I will be back at digging with a vengeance once I am cleared to go. Happy Hunting to all, Sub 8-)

Attachments

• parasempre1.JPG
    parasempre1.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 140
  • parasempre2.JPG
    parasempre2.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 132
  • parasempre3.JPG
    parasempre3.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 136
  • parasempre4.JPG
    parasempre4.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 129
  • parasempre5.JPG
    parasempre5.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 139
  • parasempre6.JPG
    parasempre6.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 133
  • parasempre7.JPG
    parasempre7.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 27

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice Sub. Congrats on the scores!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions