EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey! been awhile since I've been able to get out at all. I just acquired a new permission to search a yard in town, maps show buildings as early as mid 1800's. But other than the small flat button, Everything so far has been newer.
Still, I found something on my wish list, a scouting artifact. I was pleased to see this sterling Boy Scout ring from the 40's or early 50's. Cool!

SCOUT RING.jpg

Then as a surprise, this Buffalo Bill / Pawnee Bill watch fob. Hadn't heard of Pawnee Bill before. It seems that he was around the same time as BB. He had a smaller Wild West show, and they decided to combine their shows from 1904-1911. Great shape. Fun find.
The flat button is the smallest of its type that I have ever found. I asked last spring about your largest flat buttons, now I wonder about the smallest. As you can tell by the penny included for size, it's not much bigger than a thumbtack!
The other pc. is an unknown type of tag, with Charles Jones on it. There are Jones Lumber company's around here, it may just be a worker's ID tag.

GROUP 01.jpg

Finally, I could use your wisdom here. I find quite a few stamps or printing plates, whatever they are, all over town! If they were near a printing Co. I could see that, but they are everywhere. (This one is about 1 1/2" square) If they were personal stamps, I could see that, but most are advertisements... Any ideas?

PRINT PLATE.jpg

I also found several wheaties and a couple of IHs in very nice shape, 1903 and 1904. Nothing earlier.. But it felt really good to get back out there, if even for a little bit.
Thanks for looking! I've enjoyed keeping up with ya'lls finds. Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 25

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the cool finds :icon_thumright:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ESM THATS A HECK OF A RING .

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the printing stamp, that would be almost a dream find for me.

Any photos of the tag, it looks very much like a WWI dog tag to me. The pair I found had numbers like that too, being the ID number. Right now mine are at loan at the town museum which was proud to have on display being it was a soldier who lived in my town at one point. It looks very much like the ones I found. It depends on what their unit was, some dog tags have more info than other, anything on the back either? There would be two on a string, there also may be different info on each one.

I can't seem to find a photo of mine, though I know they are somewhere.

Here are some photos I got online
297.jpg post-2228-1200461036.jpg ww1dogtags.JPG

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the BSA ring and that fob. I look forward to seeing more finds from that site.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the printing stamp, that would be almost a dream find for me.
Any photos of the tag, it looks very much like a WWI dog tag to me. The pair I found had numbers like that too, being the ID number. Right now mine are at loan at the town museum which was proud to have on display being it was a soldier who lived in my town at one point. It looks very much like the ones I found. It depends on what their unit was, some dog tags have more info than other, anything on the back either? There would be two on a string, there also may be different info on each one. I can't seem to find a photo of mine, though I know they are somewhere.

As I said, I get quite a few of these advertising stamps around here. Local Auto ads, Soaps, etc. ??
As for the ID tag:
WOW! That's pretty neat! I never thought about that, so I didn't check on it. But, it sure does look just like the ones you show. It has no govt. or military marks on it, but not all of them do. I'll have to do some history digging here now and find out about Mr. Jones. That should be interesting as well. Thanks so much for letting me know, I love the hunt for history!
Here's a little better pic of the tag.

View attachment 1237391

And thanks again!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whens cool digs like those are saved, I think of the dopes who refuse permission in fear of us damaging their dirt. super great hunt!!

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oops!

ID TAG 01.jpg

It's the same. I don't know why the last post wouldn't show it. It shows it in "Preview Post". ?

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the BSA ring and that fob. I look forward to seeing more finds from that site.

Thanks LD, I'm sure there's more there. I've only covered 1/5 of the yard so far. Hoping for something older too. But these'll do till then.. lol

whens cool digs like those are saved, I think of the dopes who refuse permission in fear of us damaging their dirt. super great hunt!!

Thanks for your comment. I have an agreement with the local town museum to take many of these very local artifacts when I'm done. So they really won't be losing them either.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It has no govt. or military marks on it, but not all of them do.

I agree, I have seen some online with very few marks. If it is a WWI dog tag there also was another tag on the string, it may have had the military info. I would go back and check the hole again to see if there is another tag, if it was on a string like the one I found there would be another one.

Here's a photo from online of another dog tag.
atahg.png

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs! The Boy Scouts ring is awesome, as well as the fob

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of very nice finds! I don't believe I have seen a button as small.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool digs there. Love that ring I've found 25 or so neckerchief clasps but never a BSA ring. Great find

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome collection of unique items, really love the stamp plate.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great digs! The Boy Scouts ring is awesome, as well as the fob

Thanks NW, I agree. I haven't met anyone I've showed it to yet, including my 90 y.o. Dad, who's heard of poor Pawnee Bill. LOL ! HH

Lots of very nice finds! I don't believe I have seen a button as small.

Hey OD! Thanks. I know! Just when I think I've seen a pretty good run of selections of something, something like this pops up. I couldn't believe it when I flipped it over and saw the loop.. It's truly tiny. HH

Cool digs there. Love that ring I've found 25 or so neckerchief clasps but never a BSA ring. Great find

Thanks ECH, You found 25 clasps? That's incredible. I've knew it was a matter of time. Lots of scouting things to be lost. Knives, The clasps, pins, buttons, I even had a cub scout flashlight. But that ring was a pleasant surprise. Nice for my first scout artifact. It's a size 8. Fits just perfectly on my little finger. Lol. HH!

Awesome collection of unique items, really love the stamp plate.

Thanks POE, I have made prints of all my stamps so far. They are pretty cool. I just can't figure out why they are everywhere? ( I don't have tons of them BTW, but maybe ten or so.) Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those finds are all so nice, I cant decide which one I like best !

That is a great ring! BFR

Loving that ring,such a classic.

Thanks you all! I had a good time myself. Haven't been back yet. Will check it out this week. I'm torn between the Fob and the ring too. Near as i can tell, it's a 1940's to early 50's. Pretty cool. Thanks for coming by and commenting. Happy Hunting all!
And Happy Thanksgiving too -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions