A little snow, but a little luck

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With about 1/2" snow on the ground and temps in the 20's, I panned around town to find some areas where the sun had burned the snow away. At least the soil was still unfrozen. After one or 2 other stops w/o luck, I was driving past one such patch of grass at an Armory I've prospected before and thought, hey. Got out, got on my gear, and five minutes later pull my silver for the day. '52-S Rosie. Lucked out. #43 for the year. I like that count, but I know the end of the hunting season is real near. Whatever we northerners can get before winter befalls us is a plus, so congrats to the other posts! Happy hunting :thumbsup:

DSC07131.JPG

Upvote 10

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alchemist, I do feel sorry for all our detecting friends in the snow states who have to put up their detectors until spring. Our winters here west of the Cascade Mountains are cold, wet and muddy, but usually well above freezing.
Glad you were able to get out and pull a silver!

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on finding a spot a and getting silver to! Like the background for the coin shot! Nice!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver. Time is winding down for a lot of us. Temps went to 5 above the other night with 2 inches of snow. Ugh !

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I call dedication :thumbsup:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow, Ice? isn't that what picks were made for. Dig year round, no big deal, once past the crust it gets easier.....:tongue3: Wonderful silver, Congrats!

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. My last time out came up a big zero for the hour I spent in the woods....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread