Gold on them thar beaches! Best year EVER.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold on them thar' beaches! Best year EVER.

I mainly dig old stuff, give me a colonial site over a beach, but there are two beaches I've gone to that have new and old mixed. These were found 3 digging days apart, I sometimes drive and stay overnight at a local hotel to get two digging days back to back. Haven't found many coins this year, but this makes up for it. Anyway, the 10k white gold ring came first, 5 " or so down in shallow high sand. The 14K yellow HEAVY earring came next, as a shell tide line about 8 miles south of that beach the next day, and the next day hunting got the 14k man's ring with diamond. I supposed this is odd as I do not go in the water, mainly hit the dry sands.

I have NEVER found gold jewelry until the last couple goldrings.jpg weeks.

Upvote 35

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome finds and congrats on your firsts! I wish I lived a little closer to the beach as well. I too am a dry sand fan! :laughing7:

Happy Hunting!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great haul on the gold, be carefully you may give up the land hunting if this continues...:thumbsup:

Something I did and don't regret...

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, you may be right. It's three hours to the beach.....I dug a lot at the Brandywine Battlefield once upon a time ago. Had permission (of course) and dug A LOT. The last dig was on November 19, 1989 (I am old) and I have that musket ball marked carefully. I have a musket ball saved as the last one dug from the site. My daughter was with me that day. She's in her 30's now. Anyway, yesterday, I was digging locally, a farm house put in before 1770. They were poor people, I suppose as the house still is tiny, there's not much early stuff there and hundreds of pounds of metal trash in the fields and yesterday I dug a musket ball from the 18th century. I have dug a couple hundred Civil War bullets since 1989, but this is my FIRST COLONIAL MUSEKTBALL in 26 years and 2 days.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OBN, you may be right. It's three hours to the beach.....I dug a lot at the Brandywine Battlefield once upon a time ago. Had permission (of course) and dug A LOT. The last dig was on November 19, 1989 (I am old) and I have that musket ball marked carefully. I have a musket ball saved as the last one dug from the site. My daughter was with me that day. She's in her 30's now. Anyway, yesterday, I was digging locally, a farm house put in before 1770. They were poor people, I suppose as the house still is tiny, there's not much early stuff there and hundreds of pounds of metal trash in the fields and yesterday I dug a musket ball from the 18th century. I have dug a couple hundred Civil War bullets since 1989, but this is my FIRST COLONIAL MUSEKTBALL in 26 years and 2 days.

I am like you Smokey I would rather find one old coin, than dig clad for hours. But only being 5 min. from some awesome Great Lakes beaches, the lure gets me from time to time. But the results are not like the ocean beaches, so it's back to the dirt!!! and all is well with the world!!!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Great gold! That's a nice haul. Makes me hungry to get back in the water.
TFS and HH

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the ring w/diamond! I'd wear that! Nice haul! Yea, lots of posters on here that would rather dig old. Personally I like the bling! Sells real easy!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I like to dig old but sometimes when my finds go dry I will hit a place I know has some newer stuff, just for the thrill of finding something, or as some say the "high"

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those are some fantastic rings. Congratulations

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the gold well worth the effort in the dry sand.
I drive by little beaches and think shall I give it a try, and I end up going to a field to be in peace.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds!! :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gold finds! Congrats!
Dry sand is good!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting looking ring. looks old, my guess is 1940's

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the gold well worth the effort in the dry sand.
I drive by little beaches and think shall I give it a try, and I end up going to a field to be in peace.

That's what those large head phones I wear are for...cancelling the out side world while I'm detecting!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to go out today, but wound up staring at the computer literally for 13 hours. My daughter was working on a new end-of-the-world video and I got the final edit! Glad I'm good for somethin'. A BANNER day, no doubt about it. I had 6 burns on the film (37 minutes long) and #7 was the winner. Going to the copyright office in the am.

Saturday I'm digging, no more computer screens. My eyes hurt.

cowtipping1

Oct 26, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty new to detecting and these posts inspire me. headed to hilton head beach tmrw! it will be my first beach hunt. hoping to find some awesome stuff. planning on staying on dry sand.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like gold. I didn't spend a lot of time in the water this year so my gold finds are down. I know we can find gold jewelry in parks but I always seem to find more at the beach.
Good for you on the Gold finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread