First Hunt!

LAmedic

Greenie
Nov 18, 2015
Central Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, yesterday me and my buddy juggernaut555 made our first hunt away from the homestead. We went to a nearby public park that was close to a well known Civil War location in the area. It was very near to the Red River, so I did some research and found where the river use to run and searched areas along where the bank would have been and upwards from there. We didn't find much of value, our great Louisiana state bird had all but sucked us dry and forced us out of some promising location. Next time we will return with DEET! All things totaled he found a 1989 penny and a handful of fishing weights. I found 2 unidentifiable pieces of metal. One of them looks curved, I keep telling myself maybe it's an old shell fragment, doubtful, but hey...never hurts to dream right? I was using a borrowed Garret ACE 250. I will be doing some research today on using it better because I kept having various problems using it, though they were certainly due to operator failure. All in all though it was a great first experience and look forward to all the more that's coming. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread