Sweeping Across America~ Went Out Today

Oct 31, 2015
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5ID, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I am not new to the metal detecting world. I have been detecting since I was at least 11 years old. I now have a White's Classic 5ID and a Minelab E-Trac. I hope you all enjoy my first post.

So I went to St.Albans, West Virginia today to try and hunt this football field that I've had my eye on for awhile. I went on Google Earth and did some map overlays and saw that it has been there for quite some time! To my dismay, the field was locked up tight with a fence and chain for every gate. I noticed though, a small practice field that looked like it used to be a baseball field of some sort. Maybe it's somewhere were they did everything, soccer, baseball, football and marching band warm-ups.

I first detected with my E-Trac, I had messed around with the setting the day before. Realizing that I have been using too much discrimination. I found a few coins with it but was finding a lot of junk also. I switched over the the White's for a little while. Still finding trash that sounded like coins. The ground was so dry it was hard to keep the plugs together and I worried about someone asking me what I was doing and seeing all these not so well put together holes all around me. I decided it was best to come back on a wetter day.

My next stop was a old school house, I went and detected the small playground finding tons of pennies with the White's. I stumbled across a small penny coin spill (why was it not a quarter spill???) As I was going around, my pin pointer picked up some iron, lots of iron. What came out was a 3 foot long chain. Probably from a swing. I took it over to the trash can and tossed it in. Next I found this strange aluminum coin from the Eastern Caribbean Islands. I saw strange because I wonder why it's all the way up here in West Virginia? Still a neat find. Next I found a quarter (finally). Just as I did I spotted two young boys coming out of the woods and coming in my direction. I quickly picked up everything and left before they could get too close. Not that I don't like the curiosity of kids, it's more that I don't want to spend hours with two of them on my back. I'm sure I'll be back!
20151124_170357.jpg 20151124_170410.jpg 20151124_170423.jpg

Upvote 9

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. Nice finds and good intro story for them. Glad to have you here and look forward to more of your finds and posts. Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
S
Oct 31, 2015
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5ID, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much. I have a blog right now (currently under construction). Hopefully I will have it up soon! Happy Hunting!

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net!

aj

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. Its a great community, with a lot of knowledgeable people.
Look forward to your posts.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet!!! Good hunt and good story. Thanks for sharing.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net!
Nice collection of finds!
I always wonder how the foreign coins ended up where I find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread