Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a promising spot did not pan out as expected and a door knock on a suspected Rev War era settlers fort site received a "let me think about it and talk to wife" I was resigned to chase iffy signals at pounded sites again. The highlight being the one piece eagle artillery in crappy condition.

All.JPG

Front and back of the artillery button. You can barely see the A on the shield,

Eagle A 2.JPG Eagle A 2.JPG
Eagle A back.JPG

Other buttons and an oil lamp wick adjuster with an 1865 patent date

Buttons.JPG

I also found a brass handled American Knife pocket knife (top). These are often found in Civil War camps. I found the one on the bottom on a Civil War site in West Virginia.

American Knife.JPG

Hopefully I can come up with some more "post worthy" material over the Thanksgiving holidays - weather and landowners permitting :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 10
OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the little knife.

Getting one of those responses a person might as well say it a no go, but then again maybe he'll soften up and let you into the pasture. He'll probably just follow you around watching everything that come out of the hole, and it would be a lot iron if somebody watched over my shoulder.
Haha good idea. I was thinking he would love all the horseshoes and plow points I would deliver to him.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha good idea. I was thinking he would love all the horseshoes and plow points I would deliver to him.

You're generous Steve, the plow points are good. I'd be digging the square nails and flat iron and handing it to him as I dug them out with a big smile. It's surprising how fast some get bored when they realize that the buckets of silver and gold just aren't coming out of the holes.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Steve, all your finds are post worthy. Those of us who dig sometimes think that this forum is all diggers-I doubt it. I've had a lot of those "let me think about" replies as well. Good luck thi fall & winter my friend. HH, Q.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Meager" my big toe! I'd be REALLY HAPPY with that button, the flat buttons and the fork. Yeah. REALLY happy.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Stevie Boy my man that is a sweet button find:headbang:

You gotta just get the flow going..

~Blaze~