Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Ace 350
T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's lead in them thar trees

image.jpeg
Just got a ace 350 three weeks ago and I'm hooked. Already have a T2 on the way. This is what I found today. A 3 ringer. What I believe to be 6 pistol bullets (can anyone help me id them) they all came out of the same hole. 2 small caliber bullets that I'm not sure are civil war era and several bullets embedded in a rotting tree. I also found a small bell and a piece of brass that I have no idea what it is. I can't wait to get back out again.

Upvote 16

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...it doesn't take long to get hooked. Lots of firsts in your future :)

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The brass in the upper left looks like it might be a piece of shoulder scale (epaulette). Welcome to the forum, and what a great start! If those BIW (Bullets in wood) are indeed CW, you've got a REALLY nice score.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always detect old looking trees...
And of course... the most important part... the roots.

Welcome to TNet.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. Cant help you identify your bullets but I can tell you what you got......It's called Addiction, everybody's got em in some form or another we here just addicted to the Mding part of life.....:hello2:

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! Your addicted all rite. When you buy 2 detectors and you just started! Lol! Great finds!

OP
OP
P

pcc

Nov 6, 2015
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Ace 350
T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The six pistol bullets came from under the roots of a fallen tree and probably would never have been found if it hadn't of fallen. I may never know for sure about the BIW because that's the way they are going to stay I'm not digging them out to find out. I also found one more piece of wood not pictured that you cant see the lead in but it lights up the detector like a Christmas tree. The area I'm hunting has a ton of fallen tree's ( a blessing and a curse) mostly all pines killed by the pine beetles. The tree's are really piled up and make getting around difficult but they sure have turned over a lot of ground.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you're hooked for life. Welcome to the club.

Some addictions are good. This one pays you as you go as well.
Congrats on your hunt, your finds, the upcoming T2 and a great addiction; I mean passion.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, cool three ringer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread