Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thankful I found a large cent

Went back to the soybean field where I was at yesterday. I spent about two and a half hours going over the area Oldjerseygirl found the ring. Nothing there but a wheatie, 1918 I believe. Stopped at a different field on the way out to try one corner, just to see what I could come up with. Looks like a 185? Toast but she is a large cent.
Happy thanksgiving
HH & GL
Brad

US 1857 Braided Hair Cents 1839-1857 1C Coin Varieties

http://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/braided-hair-cents-pscid-120/1857-large-1c-ms-coinid-11928

1448566629213.jpg
1448566653279.jpg
1448566678910.jpg
1448569495729.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 23
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the LC!
Thanks

Any day you find something at all around here is a good day. Good you did not go home empty handed! Hope it is nice tomorrow. I am raring to go. Want to hunt on the other side. shows two houses were there. Probably been hunted before but I don't care about that. Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy thanksgiving Becky, I'm game, I'm going to look at those maps in a couple minutes, I tried that one field because I seen Ivy all over the trees right by the corner I found the LC in.

Nice LC ! I'm in a LC drought this year myself but I still got time. 1 acre down. 5,999 to go !!! HH
Come on down!

Yep,, I see a 57,,, but I don't see no eagle,, lol
That's what I'm saying, cool find.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS A NICE LICOLN THERE TREBLEHOOK . I MEAN LARGE CENT . HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL .........

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Looks difficult to read. Any luck with shining a 'mag-lite' over it?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some days we find a mint, other days we pray for a keeper. A Large Cent always fits the bill for a keeper and is something to be thankful for on any hunt. Glad you snagged that one Brad. Cheers and keep them coming!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THATS A NICE LICOLN THERE TREBLEHOOK . I MEAN LARGE CENT . HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL .........
THANKS BUD

Congrats. Looks difficult to read. Any luck with shining a 'mag-lite' over it?
I had luck with the dirt on her, I clearly can see the date, bust, and one cent on the reverse. It's not real clear, maybe to you on your phone maybe? I know what it is and WhatIFind/ Gary knows what it is. So I'm content in knowing I found a very rare coin that is in horrible shape.

Some days we find a mint, other days we pray for a keeper. A Large Cent always fits the bill for a keeper and is something to be thankful for on any hunt. Glad you snagged that one Brad. Cheers and keep them coming!
Thanks Scrappy, come on down brother, probably only hour fifteen or hour and a half for ya. I think George is coming today.

tman

Greenie
Nov 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told me to go to a spot,I ended up in the wrong place at the right time,within 5 minutes 1803 busted drape,swung the coil,another1803,2 more next to it.about 3 inches down,thought I was dreaming,on the way put a 10k man's wedding band.how do I post these pictures?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see that you had a nice Thanksgiving Brad. Well done on the LC!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very cool....I'd sooner find a piece of skylab around here.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told me to go to a spot,I ended up in the wrong place at the right time,within 5 minutes 1803 busted drape,swung the coil,another1803,2 more next to it.about 3 inches down,thought I was dreaming,on the way put a 10k man's wedding band.how do I post these pictures?
To tell your story about your hunt, you need to start your own thread. Click on Todays finds, then click on start a new thread, then follow all the other pertinent buttons, (manage pictures)

Glad to see that you had a nice Thanksgiving Brad. Well done on the LC!
Thanks tom, I found a gold gilded button yesterday, for a split second I thought I had a gold coin!

The first part is Thanks. You've got that down. Now for the giving. Please send it to me right away! :)

Skippy
I think it's worth about 60.00 bucks, send me 80.00 and its yours. 20.00 dollars digging/giving charge.

very cool....I'd sooner find a piece of skylab around here.
Every now and again I think of moving out of this shi*hole of a town I live in, to go to a warmer, nicer place and then think of where would my chances be best for finding colonial?
I'd have to move to where George/Vino, lives. haaaaa lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread