JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the day before Turkey day I went to a little old park and hunted. Found the 2 walkers and 2 mercs. Bunch of wheats. Thread here
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ilver-double-little-silver-barrel-wheats.html

Well today I WENT BACK and had another good quick hunt. First good find was a WW2 Silver Aviation Ring with gold Prop and wings. Extremely worn and missing a chunk of the silver. Bummer it is broken but still a cool find. It rung up a solid 11-46 one direction and disappeared the other direction. I contemplated moving on but it was so solid the one direction. Dug it and super happy I did!! It was about 5 inches down. For me this was a awesome Find. I love history, Found the ring online and it is from ww2, The pic on the bottom is what it should look like..

Then a little while later I got a Nice clean 12-44 Dug this nice little merc at about 6 inches

Ended up getting another merc and a few wheat pennies. One of the wheat pennies was a faint high tone. But it was solid sound though all the way around. Dug the plug and at a measured 9" I pulled out a 1920 s Wheat!! This is why I love the CTX so much. I know others can do it but it seems like it is so easy with the CTX

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Upvote 8

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, that's a cool ring

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello JackalopeZL1. (Silver x 3) + wheats, + a relic = NICE HUNT! Thanks for the post. HH C9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great digs. I believe that is a vintage WWII sterling silver Air Force Pilot Ring.

mXWYZTyLlWsP2veQtlfDACA.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring find!

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this hobbie, For the last Hr I have been reading up on the us ARMY AIRFORCE before they broke off on their own to become just the airforce. Digging History on Beep at a time!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread