2 Silvers and a Buffalo Last Two Days Hunts

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I went to both of my latest hunted permissions and ran the 2nd grid on both using the 15" coil. At Jim's house I pulled 13 cents (2 wheats 40 & 57D), and a few relics. At Shawn's house I pulled 90 cents (8 wheats (1940, 45x2, 50D, 51Dx2, 53D, & 56) and some relics. By the looks of my finds on the 2nd passes, I do get most finds on my 1st grid using the stock DD coil.

Yesterdays Finds

20151126_170307.jpg

Today I went on Tnet and read some posts and also PM'd Carolina_Tom asking for some his Silver Mojo. Somehow I believe it paid off. :headbang: I went by a couple of prospective permissions, no one home at the 1st and I had a feeling when I was walking up to the front door at the 2nd and decided not to knock. I ended up going to my honey hole. A place I have hunted about a dozen times before and pulled some old silvers and about $200 in clad. I got there, got geared up, crawled under the fence by the bus parking lot entrance and began to swing the coil. 5 minutes later I hear a "Hey You!!!" I take off my headphones and notice a police officer on the other side of the fence. :BangHead: I head back to my vehicle where 2 cop cars are parked. The officer asked if I had permission to hunt the school grounds. I let him and the other office know that I have hunted this place before and was never told to leave by the groundskeeper or the numerous other school employees that have seen me detecting. The officer then ran both my drivers license and tags. I stated to the officers "the school does not have any "No Trespassing" signs posted so I thought it was okay to hunt there. I was told I could leave. Both police cars pulled away and into the next parking lot about 30 yards away. I pulled out and took the fastest route out of town. One of the cops followed me to the edge of town. I presume they would have asked if I had permission to hunt if I had gone to any of the parks in town.

I decided to drive around Elyria and hit a school or two in the city. My first stop was an older school. I hunted here before and thought I'd hit the old baseball field. I ran into a lot of trash, iron, and hot rocks. It was time to find a better location. I then found myself at Cascade Park. I hunted a little in the picnic area and it's tot lot. No good targets detected. I ended leaving and soon found myself driving past an old cemetery and something in my gut told me to turn around and hunt the curb strip. :hello2: My 1st coin was the 1927 Buffalo. About 15 minutes later I pulled the 1944 quarter (silver #49). On the last pass I pulled the 1935 Merc (silver #50). I drove to the other side of the cemetery to try that curb strip. I noticed that there was some recent excavation by the corner, so I swung my coil in that direction. As soon as I got to the freshly replaced soil I got a hit ringing in at 91. :thumbsup: I was praying for sure this my be my 1st walker. :icon_thumleft: I dug a plug and pulled out what I thought was a LC. I was so stoked that I put the detector in the van and gently cleaned the object in a small puddle of water on the street. It turned out to be a brass or bronze disk (not a coin). :BangHead: I do plan on getting back to this site and hunt the other 3 curb strips. I then went to another school that was built in 1921 and dug some clad before I had to head home for supper.

Curb Strip Notables

20151127_182020.jpg

All of Today's Finds

20151127_180620.jpg

Thanks for the Silver Mojo Tom. :notworthy:

I believe things happen for a reason. I did not knock at the 2nd house (gut feeling). Got kicked out of my honey hole (most probably no silvers hiding where I was planning on hunting). Thanks to the local police. I saw a curb strip and got another gut feeling. Somehow I was guided to this curb strip. The universe's power of attraction" comes through again. I went out knowing that I would meet my silver goal today. Mission accomplished!!! :coffee2:

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 23

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day you had.
Ive had the cops called on me a couple of time.
Lucky for me it was always ok.
Then the wanted to see what i found.
Way to go on your silver count!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread